cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Well boys and girls,
I posted this on another part but, it's all part of "what did you do..."

Long story short,
I have three issues with my 7.5 Quiet Diesel generator,
1. Code 33... indicating an over heat condition
2. No glow plug warming prior to cranking issue
3. An exploded magnet off the rotor

I'm in the middle of repairing all three right now. Fun stuff huh?
Scott

Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
DiplomatRog wrote:
Went and got 4 new AGM (gel type) 6V batteries. My friend got them and swears by them. 5 year warranty and no maintenance per say. Yes!

I think you will be happy with AGMs. I use them in a couple of applications, but have not yet put them in the motorhome. Maybe next time.

Not too be picky, but AGM and Gel cells are very different animals. They require different charging parameters. Gels will be damaged using the normally higher voltages used (ie 14.4 +/-) in the bulk charge for AGM and flooded wet cells.

Here is a link that explains the difference if you are interested: http://www.batterystuff.com/kb/articles/battery-articles/battery-basics.html#3

DiplomatRog
Explorer
Explorer
Went and got 4 new AGM (gel type) 6V batteries. My friend got them and swears by them. 5 year warranty and no maintenance per say. Yes!
MH 06 Monaco Diplomat
TV 03 Honda Pilot, Blue Ox hitch

Poodle_Power
Explorer
Explorer
Took our 2012 Monaco LApalma to the dealer to have a couple of things taken care of. Power to the microwave comes and goes and the on demand water heater is so hot we can't shower without turning the water on and off. They are going to put a retrofit on it. what ever that does. Sure hope it works.

Hudsoner
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced two sections of rusted out brake line!

Would like to recommend that everybody with an older F53 chassis inspect their brake lines near the front axles (at the point where the are running behind a heat shield)

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
I washed the roof. Found a small hole at the rear seam between the roof and rear end cap. will be getting some Eternabond to use for repairing. Otherwise, the roof was in excellent condition.

toomoxy
Explorer
Explorer
took out my washer/dryer to have a larger storage area.
HAPPY NOW...sore back ...LOL

generac generator running but no power.
Quoted locally $7,800.00 for an Onan generator replacement.
Shopped online and found an onan 7000 gas
Cummins Onan QG 7000 Gasoline RV Generator
for $4,400.00 free shipping no tax.
http://www.norwall.com
man those things are SUPER heavy and I
wish I brought friends to pick it up... had to put on side and
slide into my Element.

Paid $700.00 to put in and have new support built
for it that is more heavy duty.

Thought great... nope mechanic said one battery won't hold a charge and I should consider replacing the other...
so two new batteries installed.

3rd Camping trip, thinking all bugs ironed out.

I decided to run the generator and power the AC unit as was hot and humid .... turned the generator on and it is purring like a kitten... turned the AC on... ran kind of cool for 20 minutes on automatic setting (as someone on here suggested) it shut off and a pool of water came down..

SERIOUSLY ????
now no airconditioning... ARGH...

then it started raining and noticed pool of water forming near the front on the floor.... OMG.... turns out a corner bracket is missing (fell off ??) and water was coming in the "slide out's" corner that was open and exposed. So filled that with cocking...now trying to figure out where to buy a new corner bracket adn if there is a special way to attach it when I do...or should I just bring to a dealer... hmmm Anyone know what that little plastic "L" corner piece is called ??

I also notice that my hot water heater light is not glowing when
I push that.... hmmm what next...no hot water ???

Sad thing is I only bought this as was $40,000.00 less than what i had seen anywhere else and this made it affordible for me to buy...
But now with all these repairs... well i'm getting tapped out and not having any fun at all.

I read on here all the repairs and maintanence people all do themselves...wow I'm so impressed.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Last night finished sanitizing the fresh water system. Dumped the water accumulation in the gray and black tanks so we'll be ready for camping at the kids cabin next week (can't go until Tuesday). Also cleaned the inside incandescent dusty bulbs and plastic covers. One of these days will change these to LEDs.

JcoFS3500
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned the posts on the chassis battery and washed the back and street side. Still have to wash the curb side.
'93 Jayco FS3500 TT behind a '92 Dodge D250 powered by 5.9L Cummins

'94 Vogue Prima Vista powered by 8.3L Cummins w/ 6spd Allison

maznchle
Explorer
Explorer
I took the mass plates off and put the florida one on after a struggle geting the 7 year old bolts loosened.aah.paul

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
lubed the chassis, fixed a leak at the Kitchen sink water supply lines, fixed the awning rail.

It's mechanically as perfect as it's been since I've owned it and ready for the road. If I can get my wife healthy we'll take a trip.

toomoxy
Explorer
Explorer
aboeck3 wrote:
Just looked at it in the garage. It needs a bath, but it has been too hot to be outside. Leave the the door open so the dogs can run in and check things out. Want to get going some place. 78 days to Disney!!!

Is that your motorhome in the photo ?
With a garage ?
IF so what brand or name of motorhome is that .
Sharp looking.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Planning on putting 1/2 of bleach in the fresh water tank today (it has to warm up some more before I go outside). We haven't used the motor home since late May. Will run the mixture through all the faucets and let it sit overnight.

decan9
Explorer
Explorer
Looked at it!
Bonnie and me and Casey makes three!
Staying warm in Southern California
FMCA #402157
W9NCR

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the air filter.. still had about 10% but getting ready to hit the road and want to see if clean air will make a difference..
2011 MOUNTAIN AIRE 4344, FMCA F334596, Cummins Power Play,Good Sams and KOA member..TOAD 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with a 6 cylinder Engine, License plate "TOWED" > RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow Bar and Base Plates. ๐Ÿ˜‰