cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Last week. Pulled into El Manglar RV Park in Zihuatanejo Mexico. Next day a body shop crew arrived to do a fiberglass and paint repair to a trailer next to me. Was impressed with the workmanship so I asked about a small scratch and a chip out of the glass at the edge of one compartment. Then we walked around the rig and since they would need to match paint how about painting a ding I had had repaired years ago and just primered. Then the rock chips on the front and another small divot on the right front done years ago.

A few days later, sanded, filled, sanded, primered, colour coat and clear coat then buffed. 6300 pesos, roughly $520.00 Canadian, $370.00 US. And you cannot tell where old paint ends and new paint begins.

They have offered to do a wash, cut polish, wax and buff the rest of the rig for 2000 pesos more. Tempted at only $165.00 Canadian ($120.00 US)

Some things are so cheap down here that it is easy to hit the end of the pension before hitting the end of the month!

Mule_Skinner
Explorer
Explorer
I had the lr slide adjusted, four new bilstein shocks, and safety-center installed. I replaced the main awning myself with a carefree crank style awning no more fishing for that @@##$ strap or worry about broken springs.
Gerry Lori and the 2003 Damon Intruder
MSgt USAF Ret. 1985:B
1988 Goldwing with 2005 Champion Trike Conversion
:C

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:
Started with some things a while back and began with pulling the gen-set out. Found a blown stator winding and have that job on hold, while I think about, how best to spend the repair money. I would like to find a used stator or the generator itself somewhere.
Next, a new camera and monitor, which I installed today. Works nice in the driveway, so far and for a give away price at Amazon, so just hoping it's for long term. Re-adapted the existing wiring from the old voyager and along with some mounting mods, it all worked out, better than expected.
The last inverter I last installed, went out, so pulled it out and have a new one coming from Amazon, as well.

Forgot to add my front suspension upper bump stops that I recently replaced. The stops are cheap and easily replaced, once you learn the trick of using the jacks for raising the coach just enough for slipping them in place and then putting them on down for forcing them in place.
With these upper stops, they could be long gone with wear, tear and rot without one ever realizing it. Unless you hear the clanging from a return with bottoming out of course. What was left of them and even though alerted with one falling out in the driveway, was a flat pancake looking thing, whereas the new ones are pear shaped and you wouldn't guess they were even the right ones for it. They're like $11 each from your local Chevy dealer and not even worth ordering from a supply house. Auto Zone can order, but has their wires crossed and show the cost at around $75ea...lol. Other stores call it a dealer item and online stores want about $5ea plus shipping.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Started with some things a while back and began with pulling the gen-set out. Found a blown stator winding and have that job on hold, while I think about, how best to spend the repair money. I would like to find a used stator or the generator itself somewhere.
Next, a new camera and monitor, which I installed today. Works nice in the driveway, so far and for a give away price at Amazon, so just hoping it's for long term. Re-adapted the existing wiring from the old voyager and along with some mounting mods, it all worked out, better than expected.
The last inverter I last installed, went out, so pulled it out and have a new one coming from Amazon, as well.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

ncfd410
Explorer
Explorer
Picked it up from repair facility. Had passenger side mirror, and awning replaced after minor accident, inspection and oil change.
Heading to Beaver Stadium for PSU=Illinois game Saturday.
Ed and Muriel
2013 Winnebago Itasca Sunstar 35 F

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
Checked tiers, oil and re positioned the coach back to North Texas. Now all you travlers from out of state should know one of the cheapest places to by gas or diesel is Buc-ee's. Today $2.07 diesel at Buc-ee's North of San Antonio in New_Braunfels off I-35.They always have the lowest prices and the most pumps Well how many other stations have you ben to that had 60 pumps?
https://www.buc-ees.com/locations.php
And you might like to read this
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g56350-d3222720-r148567370-Buc_ee_s-New_Braunfels_Texas.html
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

jpmihalk
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced my old group 24 Interstate house batteries with Optima Blue Top group 31 AGM batteries and charged them. Looking forward to more time on the inverter!
John & Kerri
2016 Thor Hurricane 35C with our pups MacDuff, Piper and Annabelle

gsf35099
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the fuel filter for the first time myself. It was really easy & took me longer to fill the new filter with diesel than all the labor of removal & install. Fired right up & took her for a spin while running the gene!! Then parked her back in the garage!! We are heading out at Thanksgiving!!!
2005 Damon Astoria 3679
300 Cummins ISB 5.9, Allison auto 5 speed

Life is to short not to have a good time and enjoy!!!

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Drove it from Bluff, Utah to Albuquerque NM on roads ranging from terrible to great, through weather varying between downpours under black clouds and beautiful bright sunshine and near clear skies.

And watched the cracks in the windshield grow another couple of inches.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
(Yesterday evening) Called ICBC (British Columbia's government run auto insurance) from Moab, Utah about a cracked windscreen. Hit by rock on the 6. Amazing service. Answered on the first ring, transferred me to the Out of Province Adjusters department, who took all the details, opened the claim and said that my adjuster would call today. Even gave me the adjuster's name, toll free number and claim number.

Hope to get it fixed in Albuquerque or San Antonio.

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
I drove it for the first time in five years as I did a gas to diesel conversion.
Details can be seen in this thread.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kidoo wrote:
WILDEBILL308 wrote:
Ok decided to do a little island hoping. I moved to Mustang Island State Park. How is the weather up north? On the coast today it was 86 with a nice breeze off the Gulf of Mexico. Ok I washed the bugs off the windshield.
Bill

Did you get on the beach?

Yes and the water temps is 80 degrees. :B
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
WILDEBILL308 wrote:
Ok decided to do a little island hoping. I moved to Mustang Island State Park. How is the weather up north? On the coast today it was 86 with a nice breeze off the Gulf of Mexico. Ok I washed the bugs off the windshield.
Bill

Did you get on the beach?
Monaco Cayman 34 2003, Cummins 300HP
Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.

JonArmstrong
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the water heater. No more cold showers ๐Ÿ™‚
Owner BasicRV.com
Discount RV Covers, Parts and Accessory Superstore

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bill
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
-Mark Twain