cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I showed my rig to a prospective buyer this morning.:( We're 2K apart and we may meet in the middle but I really want what I'm asking. I priced it a average NADA Retail and he is 2K under that.

I'm sending him a copy of current ad for a like model for 9K more than I'm asking. I'll also ask him to make another offer.

I really want to sell it and be rid of it now that we can no longer bring it to the house to load and unload. No HOA or anything like that, it's the Fire Department. They say that if they need to get their big rigs up our stree, they couldn't get by our Winnie.

Oh Well.....
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

bobpie
Explorer
Explorer
I checked out my 5 year old Michelin 245/19.5 size tires and noticed that the front driver side tire has sidewall check cracking.
Much to my surprise?
I took a picture and went back to the tire store.
They said call Michelin. I haven't done this as of yet. but,
3rd set of tires on my coach.
always a Goodyear man, but they priced themselves out of my budget.
I always cover the tires and park them on deck material Trex pads
This to me is totally unacceptable
the tires that I got rid of were in much better shape than this POS tire. the tires have a 2514 date code on them.
The owner of the tire store made a comment as soon as I said sidewall cracking. Are they Michelin tires? Like they expect them to do this.
Totally Bull **** to me.
I hope none of you have these POS tires on your coach.
FYI
Wish me luck in getting this issue resolved
2001 suncrusier, 32-v, Ford V10, 4 Koni FSD, dinning slide, No leaks, 1 wife, 1 westie, life is good! 03 malibu toad sometimes, roadmaster brake pro,roadmaster Blackhawk all terrain tow bar!

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
dcbrewer wrote:
Changed motor oil, and filter.
Greased all zerks.
new chassis battery.
Checked and topped house batteries.
Changed transmission fluid to transend, going do a 200 mile trip and change it again.
Changed air filter.

Why change the transmission fluid at 200 miles? Seems like a waste of money.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

dcbrewer
Explorer
Explorer
Changed motor oil, and filter.
Greased all zerks.
new chassis battery.
Checked and topped house batteries.
Changed transmission fluid to transend, going do a 200 mile trip and change it again.
Changed air filter.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
WOW! Had not posted in this forum in a long time, but here we go.

I had a bad ignition switch so I decided to buy the switch at Napa and tackle it myself. I got the Freight liner switch through a cross reference from another manufacturer because they told me that the switch was no where in the USA. But they told me they had the exact switch by Napa. So instead of paying Sixty dollars on the internet I got it for thirty two through Napa.

So I was not sure how I was going to pull the part where the tumblers were caged in, so I referred to You Tube and I found one on how to replace the switch on a Fore Travel coach which looked exactly like the one on my coach. It told me to turn the key all the way to the left and get a paper clip and push into a little hole next to where you insert the key and believe it, it come right out. Unscrew the bezel and then just unplug the harness from the back of the switch, put it back together and your done. It probably would have cost me a couple of hundred dollars if I had taken it in to a RV shop. So I saved a couple of hundred at least. Turned the key on and the monster come alive right away.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well I had a lunchon invite so when I got home I hooked the towed up because the computer for reservations says this is a 25 foot site. I backed a 38 foot motor home ontto it (with room to spare) and then went back to the road and pulled the car in in front of the MH with room for another and then some.. Today when I got home. I backed in past the MH and hooked up so I'll be faster to split in the AM... NOTE. the comptuer said 35 foot. The care is about 28 foot the motor home 38 and I had room for at least 3 cars (only two allowed) on site more if I parked 2 of 'em beside the RV.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
1. Changed the outside light to an LED light with several different brightnesses
2. Got it washed at Blue Beacon
3. Changed out a storage latch that broke
4. Got a "blind" lady to adjust the tension on the day-night shades
5. Got on top to take measurements for solar panels. I can fit at least six 190W panels if not eight of them.
6. Finished changing out the tail lights and cyclops light to LED bulbs. I changed out one side but not the other side last trip to see what the difference was. The LED tail lights are brighter.
7. Applied Aerospace 303 to the tires
8. Installed an LED bulb in the light under the microwave. It took us a couple of years to find the right one.
9. Took several naps..........
10. Installed the light bar on the Jeep - does that count for a half point?

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
A thread that comes back to life after 16 months!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
Took the MH to Costco and filled it up for a trip heading to the PNW in 2 weeks!
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
D.E.Bishop wrote:
Well one of my levelers has been very slow to store and frequently given a jack down alarm so I bought new springs and installed them on the troublesome rear jacks. Not to bad a job, followed a You Tube video on doing it. I came up with a short cut and was happy when it all went well. I'll be changing the fronts next week when they arrive in the mail.

So, did the new springs improve the jack retraction?

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I almost started a new thread about working on my class a today. Finally found this old one. By the way when should we start a new one?

Well one of my levelers has been very slow to store and frequently given a jack down alarm so I bought new springs and installed them on the troublesome rear jacks. Not to bad a job, followed a You Tube video on doing it. I came up with a short cut and was happy when it all went well. I'll be changing the fronts next week when they arrive in the mail.

Then I changed my battery disconnect relay. Not a difficult job at all. I can hear the relay latch fall out now, couldn't and often it didn't disengage. I now have proper charge voltages, maybe from removing all three batteries and cleaning the batt box and all connections. Charges at much higher voltage too.

Now I can get my genny reinstalled tomorrow and we'll be ready for "Q" next month.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

hilldude
Explorer
Explorer
Removed carpet in bedroom, installed laminate flooring from Lowe's.Hardest part was removing carpet.

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
Gave the "nest" a much needed bath, collected a lot of dirt from May until Oct. this year.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
Today I made the templates for my coach to get windshield covers made by Sunguard. They have an FMCA special at the moment so saved some money.

Two weeks ago I went to Ignacio, CO and helped a friend up grade my radiator and fan. I can now go up 6% grades at 60mph and the temp gauge doesnโ€™t move. I like it.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
Installed packrat light system for the up coming trip to AZ.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin