cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

PyrateSilly
Explorer
Explorer
We didn't buy it but when we went thru the RV with the couple we bought it from had no clue what have the things in and on the RV did including the Magna Shade which since we have it now in sorta storage while we clean and fix a few things has helped keep the inside cool while we work on it on the weekends till we head from CA back to MI in about 3 months.
They also had a new turbo put in and the Banks kinda just taken part way off (again they had no idea what it was or how to work it) and wires still hooked but sensors wrapped around and sending false signals to the computer stuff so we unhooked things for now so that they stopped sending weird signals.
Also realized that while they have a 3 stage inv/charger they did not have it turned on down below. No wonder they could not get the batteries to charge too well.
Also looking thru the invoices of work that they had done they had taken it in to find out why "black soot" was being sucked into the bedroom area, we realized that they could have solved that by NOT driving with the windows open cause someone told them when they started RVing to not use the AC while driving. So we now have a little more cleaning lol.
Abigail and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV.

cvbdsl
Explorer
Explorer
Had an electrician put in a 30 amp box on the side of my garage so I can plug in while at home.
Fixed the blockage in the hot water facet in the bathroom.

Chris
2008 Holiday Rambler Scepter 42 PDQ
2018 Ford Edge SEL- Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar/Blue Ox Base plate/Patriot Brake System
Retired Canadian Army WO (1971-2000)

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
I checked the water level on the house batteries and added some distilled water.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

P3TC
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the original Ventline bathroom fan with a Vortex, big difference, glad to get rid of that noisy dirt catcher.
:)1998 Monaco Diplomat

Afubar
Explorer
Explorer

Redid the floor in my MH. PO had put vinyl over the hardwood, what were they thinking?
1996 38ft Newmar Mountain Aire
Boxer named Cash(for old timers, that's short for Cassius Clay)

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Have the Bathroom finished except for three screws holding the vanity top on that I have to do by hand. A few turns per day will finish up the vanity top. Now I need a new flange gasket for the toilet, will have to order it as the local dealer wants $29.95 for a simple Sealand foam part. Price gouging if I ever saw it.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

cvbdsl
Explorer
Explorer
Convinced the DW to get on the roof and work on the AC (I can get on the ladder but have an issue with heights nowadays and stay off the roof itself). Got the shroud off and removed covers.
We figured out where the drain holes were, cleaned them out and also did a basic cleaning of the coils.

AC no longer leaks condensation inside on the ceiling or out through the grill. Now we can run it to finish cleaning for our first trip next week.

Chris
2008 Holiday Rambler Scepter 42 PDQ
2018 Ford Edge SEL- Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar/Blue Ox Base plate/Patriot Brake System
Retired Canadian Army WO (1971-2000)

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
Been living in it since Thursday, when we got home from the campground and found our S&B heat pump was broken. Nine months old and the coil has to be replaced - sheesh.

We'll be staying in the RV's air conditioning until the house system gets fixed.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

DaisyandCricket
Explorer
Explorer
Found out why the generator wasn't charging the house batteries (tripped breaker--yay, cheap fix!), charged all the batteries, sanitized the fresh water tank, cleaned, re-organized and started packing for next outing.

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
started to load her up, ready for the next trip away.
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the factory Dimensions MSW Inverter/ Charger, and installed a Magnum Power MS-2000 PSW ๐Ÿ™‚
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Installed the sheet vinyl in the bathroom and connected the last piece of the tub drain line and tested it. NO leaks! will try and install the bathroom vanity and sink tomorrow.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

Macrosill
Explorer
Explorer
Friday I drove it to a somewhat local campground about 1 hour away. Today we just enjoyed the campground. Tomorrow I will drive it home.
Thanks,
Brian

TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TV = 2006 Ford F-350 CC DRW 6.0

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Finished cleaning the inside today and drank some more "Oly".Replaced a several burned out lites,both inside and out.Found out that those docking lites that lite up everything for 10 miles around are 30 some bucks @ and those cool round vanity lites are $5 and that called for another "Oly" or two.
Started tracing back the air horns that don't work and finally found the little gizmo that comes off the front air manifold that lets the air thru to the horns had FRIED wires and the mech inside was fried also..Hummm,no wonder it didn't work..That called for something a little stronger than a beer.They are made by the Grover Co out of Los Angeles and I wonder where you can get them..All done for the day and out of my Olympia beer.That's really a bummer.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned it after a two week road trip. Planned for another leaving Wednesday.