cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
wrong section.

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
Well this week we (I)Washed and waxed the rig, polished two of the wheels. Just little bits here and there. Adding a refrigerator fan.
2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
2008 Jeep Liberty (aka FireToad)

dadd
Explorer
Explorer
It's at the "hospital" today suffering from a hydraulic pump failure of the HWH leveling system. Have been informed the new pump may take a week for delivery and two hours labor to install. Have been told total estimated bill around $1K ..... 2004 Coachmen Cross Country purchased new. First major repair in 13 years. I may have caused the problem myself by leveling one side up without dumping the air ride. Live and learn no matter how long you live.

mama_sylvia
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a recliner for it. The electric step is ordered and should be at the repair place tomorrow. They are still looking for a replacement door. ๐Ÿ˜ž
1988 Winnebago Superchief 27'

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
In to the shop this morning and back this afternoon. Replace/rewired/rearranged 4 GCs, added a cut off switch (actually a thermal breaker) between the solar panels and the controller. Very tight space, took the tech 3 1/2 hours including making up a couple of new main cables.

Glad I realised early on that I wasn't up to it: neither the strength nor stamina these days.

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
Spent some time this week getting ready for a five day trip to redwoods of northern CA Vacuumed, washed and waxed the coach and installed a dash camera (Spytec A119). Also replaced a few rivets that had disappeared that hold the body panels to the bottom of the coach.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
I fueled it up, also filled the propane tank getting ready for our two month trip from Southern California to Oregon up 101. Like this trip that we take annually hitting all the TT Resorts next to the Pacific Ocean. Then we will cut inland to Bend, Oregon which is a resort I have never visited. They tell me it is a very nice Resort. Will start back around Oct 1, 2017 spending sometime on other resorts like Lake of the Springs and Yosemite Resort.

By then I am hoping southern California would have cooled some. LOL!
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
After 17 months, it was time to make a door for the bedroom TV. The original TV was a tube type boat anchor, besides, it was missing when I bought the RV so I had a nice big hole for storage. I'd brought my 24" Vizio LCD TV with me when I moved in and it had been sitting on the floor leaned up against the bedroom wall all this time. But with the time, supplies, and ambition all available at the same time, finally got around to it!

Shot of all that nice storage space...

A shot of the door after mounting but before cutting and drilling holes for the TV's cables and pull cords...

And after installing the door and mounting the TV...

I didn't bother with an articulated TV mounting arm as that would have caused the TV to stick out too far and there wasn't room for that when I pull in the slide. With the TV mounted on those wooden blocks, and two nylon cords holding it at an adjustable viewing angle, the slide just pushes it up out of the way.

Here's how it looks from the bed...

Next up is to improve the looks of the mounting blocks at the bottom that hold the bottom of the TV, and then stain everything to match the cabinetry.

Clear plywood from Home Depot, cut to size, $20 for a 4' X 2' X 1/2". I'll use the excess for other projects.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Modified the arm on the Winegard manual crank up RM-DM46 sat dish on the roof of our coach to use a Dish DP single LNB instead of the generic OEM single LNB. Now we can use the dish to select a satellite for viewing on our Hopper for those short one night stops when we don't want to set up the portable multi-satellite tripod dish.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
Been a while since anyone did any work! must all be out camping.
Well since the last time we all visited the following has been accomplished:
Bought and had a Safe-T-Plus Steering stabilizer installed
Bought and had a RoadMaster Spare ire Carrier installed
Moved the rear license plate to the side so the spare won't block it
Lined the inside of all the upper cabinets with Reflectex to keep then cooler.
Took a couple weeks out to travel, WV, PA, OH, IN. Now back to adding things, washing, polishing, sorting, loading for the next excursion.
2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
2008 Jeep Liberty (aka FireToad)

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
I set 12 mouse traps inside it.

Last night, we noticed some "tracks", further investigation revealed A LOT more tracks. No damage, just sort of messy to clean up. If there's any mice in there in the morning, they deserve to get to stay, with all the traps I put out.
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Canadian Rainbirds wrote:

The reason to fill the fuel tank is to minimize the air space in the tank. Changing temperatures over winter will result in water condensation in the tank. Large air space = equals water in fuel. :E

Yep. It was probably about 1/2 full, which I know is not ideal. The gauge doesn't work so I'm always guessing how much is in it anyway. I keep a log with a conservative MPG estimate, which seems to work. Thankfully I've never been surprised by accidentally running out, but have been surprised at how much more than I calculated is left in the tank from fill-to-fill.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Last week I removed the King dome 7200 because all of a sudden it stopped communicating with the receiver for Direct TV. King dome tech said that I needed to replace it because of new technology.

So I purchased through Amazon a new KD 3000b on motion satellite antenna. It was fairly easy to install because I could use the same type wiring that was already on the coach from the previous antenna. I believe it took about an hour to remove the old caulking remove and replace the dome. Recaulked it and hooked it up.

Worked right away.

So now I have the dome that I removed and I am not sure if they can be recycled or what. Seems like quit a waste to just throw it away, but if they can not be repaired, I guess I will just dump it on a dumpster.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
turbojimmy wrote:
mike brez wrote:
turbojimmy wrote:
I pulled the old Allegro out of its hibernation spot and into the driveway. Put the fridge on propane to make sure it works in preparation for dry camping at the Pocono Raceway in a few weeks. For some reason the fridge fired up immediately and stayed lit. I usually have to fight with the thing, turning it on and of literally dozens of times before it will stay lit. And then the ignitor keeps clicking for hours. This time I flicked the switch, it lit and that was it. It's still lit this morning. And the ignitor stopped as soon as it lit. Go figure.

I need to find a coolant leak somewhere. It puked a bunch of antifreeze out the right front somewhere and the overflow tank is dry. Also installing a tire pressure monitoring system today. If I'm feeling really ambitious I'll put some fuel and propane in it today. I'm not sure the campground where I fill the propane is open today, though.

While in hibernation it's better to store it with a full fuel tank.
Hope the coolant leak is a easy fix. My old class C use to have a small cold drip but was ok when warmed up.

Yes I should have stored it full but I got lazy and didn't stop on the way home from the season's final trip to top it off. I probably put about 30 gallons in it over the winter 5 gallons at a time to keep the fuel level high enough to run the generator.

The coolant thing is a mystery. Last time I had it running in the driveway it left a puddle of coolant. I topped it off today and let it get up to operating temp. Nothing obvious leaking.

I replaced the "vintage" wallpaper-covered fridge door with chalkboard. Going to do the freezer today too. I need to pick up another piece of chalkboard. I'd post a pic but Photobucket has become completely unusable because of the ads. Pages won't load. I need to find another photo hosting site (open to suggestions).

The reason to fill the fuel tank is to minimize the air space in the tank. Changing temperatures over winter will result in water condensation in the tank. Large air space = equals water in fuel. :E

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, that didn't last long. The same night I posted above we discovered that our Cruise-Air A/C unit for the bedroom was dead. That's a more typical trip for us.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?