cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Got back from staying a few weeks at the kids lake cabin. Did a little bit of fishing and lots of lounging. Dumped the very full tanks and flushed the fresh water tank. Now to restock for this weekend of camping with our HRRVC chapter. Wow, it's September already. Maybe another month before camping before winterizing.

mena661
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't do this today but we recently bought our first Class A and had to do some prepping for boondocking duty which included moving the battery bank from the 5er to the MH. Details can be found here: "New" Rig, New Project

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Just returned from 5 great days of camping at Hanna Park in Jacksonville, Fl. Unloaded the rv and will start cleaning tomorrow. Need to get it ready for our next trip.

toomoxy
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi toomoxy,

On my water heater the light only comes on to let you know there is a failure on the gas heating side. Yours may be the same.

toomoxy wrote:
I also notice that my hot water heater light is not glowing when I push that.... hmmm what next...no hot water ???

Thanks for suggestion... I do have hot water...just took 1 hour to heat up... I was not patient enough...sigh.
and no light so you were correct.

I decided to sanitize the water tank... i hear running water
going out the bottom of my rig as fast as it was going in.
I had to dig through spray foam insulation to find a switch to shut off the tank... so phew all working up well.

Now to get that AC unit looked at... and the heater runs off of it too... eeek
I hope is a cheap fix.

Got all my LED bulbs in...wow so much nicer and brighter and the
plastic covers don't burn my hands to touch...
However they are a tad too long and hitting the cover...so may
try to find shorter ones on ebay again...
Love the difference.

SpurHntr
Explorer
Explorer
We gave it a good scrubbing. My lovely bride scrubbed the floor and bathroom while I tackled the windows and woodwork.

Then I washed the nose real good to get the bugs off
'08 Newmar Kountry Star 3916, 400ISL Cummins
'17 F250 Diesel Platty SRW Crew 6.75' bed
'17 JKU Rubicon Recon, LoD flat towable Destroyer bumper.
Blue Ox, BB, PP TPMS, Ranger EV

MrsMingo
Explorer
Explorer
RayChez wrote:
MrsMingo wrote:
We got our newly painted coach back on Thursday and DH spent the day installing new marker/turn signal lights.

It sure is beautiful!!!

Can you post some pictures for all to see? And it would help others who want paint jobs as to where you had it done.

I was trying to upload pictures to photobucket yesterday and had nothing but problems. Will try again today! I'd LOVE to show off the new paint job!

Well, I got the signature picture in! Will try to post new message with more pictures!
Rae & Capt. Ron Lampe
Sparky - a work in progress
2001 Travel Supreme
1998 Chevy S-10
2011 BMW R1200RT

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
MrsMingo wrote:
We got our newly painted coach back on Thursday and DH spent the day installing new marker/turn signal lights.

It sure is beautiful!!!

Can you post some pictures for all to see? And it would help others who want paint jobs as to where you had it done.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

MrsMingo
Explorer
Explorer

It sure is beautiful!!!
Rae & Capt. Ron Lampe
Sparky - a work in progress
2001 Travel Supreme
1998 Chevy S-10
2011 BMW R1200RT

2inAlabama
Explorer
Explorer
Completed installation of new Jack antenna, Installed new 22 inch Visio TV in bedroom
Just DH & DW
'01 Foretravel U320 42 ft ISM450

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Investigated Rear A/C problem. My Condenser/Evaporator Fan Motor is on it's way out. You can smell burnt windings and it will only run for a few minutes be for shutting down on a thermal overload. I also need to replace the cover assembly. I guess I will have to balance out the price to get the old unit working or replacing it with a new unit.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

daverich
Explorer
Explorer
Exciting day here. I dumped and flushed the black tank and then filled the batteries with distilled water. They were not very low. I have one of those auto fills and it really makes it easy.

Gadget_Guy1
Explorer
Explorer
Added 540 Watts of solar today and everything seems to be working properly

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi toomoxy,

On my water heater the light only comes on to let you know there is a failure on the gas heating side. Yours may be the same.

toomoxy wrote:
I also notice that my hot water heater light is not glowing when I push that.... hmmm what next...no hot water ???
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Checked out back A/C unit. The Condenser/Evaporator Fan is failing. Smells burnt and only runs for a few minutes. Will have to decide over the winter if I replace the motor and shroud or buy a new unit. Will have to think about it long and hard.
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Returned home from Platte River campground in Sleeping Bear National Lake Shore. Wish I was still there. While there I cleaned a Mud Dobber Nest out of my Air Suspension Dump Valves. I hate those Bugs. They will plug up any hole they can find and cause all sorts of problems.