cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

goff1256
Explorer
Explorer
Replased all the heater hoses, frount heater ,water heater ,rear heater.One of those two hour jobs that took all day .
Erick & Jackie Goff; Plus Ellie Mae the Fu Fu Dog

The_Beave
Explorer
Explorer
Took the rig in to have the ride hight adjusted. What a difference, better ride, and it got rid of a very loud and annoying drive line vibration. Next week I need to take it back and have the air suspension compressor governor replaced as the existing one is not putting out enough pressure.
The Beave
30' 1997 Beaver Monterey
(The shortest DP we could find)
2005 Honda CR-V
Remco surge brake

badge2283
Explorer
Explorer
Took it to the dealer, had window weatherstriping replaced, fuel filter for the genset, and tires checked for the up coming trip. Also had them wash and wax it.

lennyjudym
Explorer
Explorer
I took a razor blade and took off the clear coat on the red stripe at the top of my coach. Then used a good wax past to polish the red stripe on my coach worked fine the clear coat was half off or coming off.
lenny

Retiredblade
Explorer
Explorer
wandering1 wrote:
Nothing. I get to respond every time this thread gets to the top of the stack.

I'm with you, doing absolutely nothing to my motor home, just waiting until my inspection man calls me to come down and get it inspected!

Lar_s
Explorer
Explorer
Finished with the final coat of polish, on top of my buffed wax on the roof plus all things on top of the roof... not a fun job to be sure.
Lar

2015 Dynamax Trilogy
36 RL
Ram 3500 Dually

wandering1
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing. I get to respond every time this thread gets to the top of the stack.
HR

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
All in one day :@
Can I hire you at a "day rate" for my next remodeling project ? :B

Nope, took three days. Nothing worst then working in a tiny space, a real PITA.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

barnaclebill
Explorer
Explorer
Trans fluid and filters, Allison 3000
2009 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ
425 Cummins
Chevy Equinox or Tracker
Blue Ox towing

MrWizard
All in one day :@
Can I hire you at a "day rate" for my next remodeling project ? :B
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Redid the bathroom:

• Power washed the heck out of the toilet
  • Krylon painted the top
  • tore out all the carpeting on the floor
  • Replaced it with Pergo
  • Put up wainscoting
  • Trimmed everything out and caulked joints.

Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
sundancer268 wrote:
Removed Suburban SF35 Furnace to replace the Fan Motor. Fortunately it quit on the last evening on the road. I hope I can find a motor for a reasonable price. I really would like to replace it with one of the new Atwood's with the Hi/Low fire furnace.

Check the diameter of the motor body and the serial number of your furnace. Suburban used two different diameter motors.

Scroll down about a third of the page
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

s79vette
Explorer
Explorer
Got new LCD mounted in MH and hooked it up to house dish and it works great. added a couple I screws to molding for bungee cords while traveling. The mount won't fail, it's made out of 1 inch angle iron mounted to steel tv frame over dash,just wanted to keep it from moving. started wiring from positive 12vdc generator and frame ground to toad battery and have to finish job tomorrow.puts out 13.98vdc at MH idle so will keep toad battery charged while towing.
2003 Gulfstream Ultra Supreme Ford V10 2004 Jeep Liberty, Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
Online with Inspiron
A member of

http://www.gsowners.com

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Removed Suburban SF35 Furnace to replace the Fan Motor. Fortunately it quit on the last evening on the road. I hope I can find a motor for a reasonable price. I really would like to replace it with one of the new Atwood's with the Hi/Low fire furnace.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Found 6 inches of dead space under bathroom counter top-turned it into TP storage. Now have room for a dozen rolls that can be reached without getting up. Finished four pantry slide out shelf/drawers. Adjusted strings on dine shade to level it-was alamost one inch lower on one end. Cut hanging shoe bag into four rows and install anound end of bed platform. Spaced TV out from recess in wall to increase air flow-factory install used wood trim ring around TV with very little space for air flow sp TV was overheating. Will build new frame or add ceiling and floor vents later. Removed all ceiling light covers and clened. Added second cloths line in shower and made amazing discovery. Lines were parallel to skylight and just right distance from ceiling for a full size pillow to fit in skylight. Eazy insulation for odd shape of skylight. While I had TV out I chenged wall mounted AV input under TV to audio out so now can connect headphones. Passenger side window stopped exactly in middle of side mirror when viewed from drivers seat. Found rubber plug in window channel was stopping it. Removed plug, cut in half and moved plug forward as far as possible. Now can open window farther and it does not block mirror-liked it so much I did drivers window aslo. Actually two days work-just catching up.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike