cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

BudJ
Explorer
Explorer
"I think your quite normal....think I'll go out and sit in ours and finish reading my book."

ennajean, it could be that MAU MAU is simply in the 'Dog House'.

Bud

Retired_VSP
Explorer II
Explorer II
lizzie wrote:
Put it up for sale.

Oh no - not ready to do that yet!
Bobby and Lynda
Retired VSP and High School Counselor, respectively
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value".....Albert Einstein

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
Put it up for sale.

Retired_VSP
Explorer II
Explorer II
ennajean wrote:
MAU MAU wrote:
I drove my Roadtrek 170 to have the propane tank refilled, did a few errands, and then spent the night in it all warm and cozy as it snowed outside.

My wife looked out of the bedroom window a few times during the night and could see me parked in our back woods.

She says its official."You've gone completely insane"

What can I say, I love my class B!

I think your quite normal....think I'll go out and sit in ours and finish reading my book.

I do the same thing - can't help it between trips, I even surf the web looking a different campgrounds all over the country planning our next trip....glad to see other people have my perspective on life...! :=)
Bobby and Lynda
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value".....Albert Einstein

applegater
Explorer
Explorer
Filled propane and diesel tanks,loaded food,clothing,and dog . Heading South to wander for a couple weeks before grand kids tract season heats up.

ennajean
Explorer
Explorer
MAU MAU wrote:
I drove my Roadtrek 170 to have the propane tank refilled, did a few errands, and then spent the night in it all warm and cozy as it snowed outside.

My wife looked out of the bedroom window a few times during the night and could see me parked in our back woods.

I think your quite normal....think I'll go out and sit in ours and finish reading my book.
Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

MAU_MAU
Explorer
Explorer

Roadtrek 170 Popular

Cubey
Explorer
Explorer
I ran a 10 gauge wire into the cabin from the battery isolator's switched 12v source for the purpose of feeding a CB radio to be installed and for an in-dash stereo install (for the memory). I may put a 12v outlet on it too since the van's outlet is constant. In-line fuses will be used.

I found an existing drilled hole that just needed a grommet. The wire ran through perfectly. Slightly loose but that's better than too snug.

I also installed a pair of 4-LED bulbs into the cluster. This GREATLY helped the poorly lit gauges. I have since ordered some 6-LED ones since it was still a little bit too dim for my taste. 6 LED is the biggest I can get in the kind that can fit into the cluster. Most have a plastic casing on them. The ones I got don't. They are just circuit boards with LEDs and metal pick-up strips for the power.

This shows how much of an improvment the LEDs made. The left (blue) side is the 4-LED bulb. The right (green) side is a (new!) regular incandescent bulb. The photo is NOT edited (aside from being cropped and overall brightened slightly). It's not a split-view of 2 photos put side by side.. that IS how the gauges looked with a mixture of LED and incandescent.

1987 F250 6.9 NA diesel / 81 HR Aluma-Lite 30'
Full timer!

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Retired VSP wrote:
applegater wrote:
Just ordered an in-dash Serius radio to replace the OEM in our Sprinter B, will be installed later this week!

Since we are not full timers, can you get the Sirius radio signal on a temporary basis?? Bob:@

This says "Early Cancellation Fee May Apply"

Click here to read more

Retired_VSP
Explorer II
Explorer II
applegater wrote:
Just ordered an in-dash Serius radio to replace the OEM in our Sprinter B, will be installed later this week!

Since we are not full timers, can you get the Sirius radio signal on a temporary basis?? Bob:@
Bobby and Lynda

bobo35
Explorer
Explorer
OK...here goes. I went out to clean the toilet today...getting ready to sell it
off. And since the lever(?) was broke that dropped the material through I tried to
force it to open...only I forced it the wrong way! Which actually helped fix the thing! So now I have a clean toidie and one that works!

go...Figer.

I really hate Alabama...go Tigers! SW

MelinProv
Explorer
Explorer
went out and checked it to see how the new cover fits after a few weeks. so far so good

senf
Explorer
Explorer
It is not what did TO our Roadtrek today, rather what I did FOR our Roadtrek today. I obtained the third of three quotes to replace front rotors, brake pads, front springs and shocks as well as realignment plus the normal LOF, and generator oil change.
The first two quotes included obtaining the parts for replacement and they came in at $2874 and $2525. The third quote was for labour only at $823. By my calculations I shall pay $1100 plus for the parts. Assuming the items are delivered as quoted, there will be no budget overrun. Maybe even enough over for an extra bottle of wine.
"Drive with Care, Life has no Spare!"
2008 Roadtrek C190V 6.0L Hella Fog, Nighthawk Driving, Halogen Reverse Lights, Fiamma Air Horn, Firestone Air Bags, Custom Bed & Mattress, Custom O/Head Tray. website www.sen-f.ca

dirtyharryo
Explorer
Explorer
Took it to the Flea market at Circleville Ohio Friday, stayed Fri & Sat night in it, first over night since I bought it.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
As I stated in another thread, I filled up the gas tank and added seafoam. I also took it on a short trip grocery shopping. Added a new windshield cover I purchased earlier this week. Ran the external generator and added seafoam.