cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

rdtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced all the hoses,serpentine belt, oil & filter, spark plugs and wires. Getting the water leak fixed in the coach on Monday. Almost ready for the Thanksgiving weekend trip to Rocky Point, MEX.

jvanoyen
Explorer
Explorer
I started it up yesterday after packing all our things we use in Florida and headed South from Grand Rapids, MI. God gave us a beautiful sunny trip all the way and we arrived at 1:42pm today. We are now at our Palmetto Winter place for 5 months. PTL
Jerry Van Oyen

jimervin
Explorer
Explorer
Today I delivered the 93 Coach House to body shop to rebuild flared fender/running board and paint same. Found some rubber tips to put on stove grate, guess it will be Camping World for the spring clips to hold the grate down. Carpet cleaner did the carpets for 20.00 yesterday after doing the house.
jim

applegater
Explorer
Explorer
Drove it 300 miles today, almost finished with a 12 day(3000+mi) trip through Oregon,Washington,Idaho,Montana,Wyoming,and Nevada. Great weather, beautiful Fall colors, high mountain passes, snow-capped peaks, crisp mornings.

dreed
Explorer
Explorer
I installed Horst sensors in the black tank. Read full when empty when I started. Empty when I finished. We'll see how long that lasts. Ha.
Dave 04 P/W excell td.

yizit
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our Samsung TV with a 15" Toshiba TV/DVD and used the same mounting system/board put in out RT. Our Toshiba did not have the mounting holes in the back of the TV to be able to mount on a new swing arm. I researched Velcro and decided to try it. We used waaay too much Velcro than was necessary, but we wanted to make sure it wasn't going to fall off. We used 3 wide strips across the back of the TV. That baby wasn't going any where. It is powerfully strong. We use a knife to peel it apart. I read through several pages of comments/reviews and they all said it was strong. I believe police cars use it to hold their laptops in place.
Jim & Darlene
Pickles our Teddy Bear
2013 Roadtrek RS Adventurous (aka..Roada)
Wisconsin Dells...Water park capital of the world

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
sebtown, you can edit your posts by just clicking on the "Edit" button. No need to make a new post.

Sebtown
Explorer
Explorer
sorry,I meant Yizit

Sebtown
Explorer
Explorer
Yazit: I want to know more about hanging the tv with velcro. How big a tv an how much velcro?

What_Next
Explorer
Explorer
Changed rear diff oil and generator oil.
2008 Southwind 32v

yizit
Explorer
Explorer
We use Velcro Industrial strength to hold our TV. We actually need a knife to peel it off.
Jim & Darlene
Pickles our Teddy Bear
2013 Roadtrek RS Adventurous (aka..Roada)
Wisconsin Dells...Water park capital of the world

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
I purchased a CURTIS 13.3 inch TV/DVD player off CraigsList. I got it for $75 (he was asking $100). I love the Curtis as it fits perfect on the swing arm. I upgraded from a 7 inch "flip up" TV/DVD player. The tag in the back says September 2010.
Also, what is a good way to keep it snug on that base? I do not want to drill. Maybe a sturdy bungee cord?

I'd get the correct wall mount for it. It should take a standard "VESA" mount.
It looks like an accident waiting to happen with that mount.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

What_Next
Explorer
Explorer
Rotated tires and flushed changed brake fluid.
2008 Southwind 32v

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a CURTIS 13.3 inch TV/DVD player off CraigsList. I got it for $75 (he was asking $100). I love the Curtis as it fits perfect on the swing arm. I upgraded from a 7 inch "flip up" TV/DVD player. The tag in the back says September 2010.
Also, what is a good way to keep it snug on that base? I do not want to drill. Maybe a sturdy bungee cord?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Exercised the Class B with a 70 mile round trip. I took some friends to a Chinese buffet and they paid for my meal since I drove. They enjoyed the comfort of the van on the trip.