cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

DoxieBox
Explorer
Explorer
Opened up all the windows and doors and let the hot So Cal wind dry everything out in the cabover. Actually, that was a few days ago...

TODAY I set rat and mouse traps in my rig...to catch the dern varmints that climbed in the other day through the open windows and doors....
"Just think of it as a train behind you. Forty feet of train. TRAILER BRAKES FIRST! TRAILER BRAKES FIRST!!!"
-The Long Long Trailer, 1953
starring Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
Climbed over the still 3 foot snow berm to get to the Class C and Travel Trailer. Took to covers off the exhaust pipes that go to the outside of the garage, made sure was free from snow and started both the C and the Genset. Checked for any evidence of mice, (NONE in the C or TT) never have had any, but I plan for them with bait, traps, bounce sheets everywhere. Checked the moisture containers and was almost none(I think it has been too cold for humidity this winter)

Started makeing a list of everything to do in the next 2 months to get RV'S and house ready to start traveling.

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Remembered yesterday that I put a small tabletop ceramic christmas tree on the counter...went out in near zero degree temp to retrieve it!! Brrrr--we have a whole week of these temps in front of us!!
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

Calisdad
Explorer
Explorer
UPS guy showed up at noon with a new sway bar! It was installed by 3 even with a beer break. Only had to drill 2 holes in the frame. Jack stands, creeper and air wrench earned their keep today. :B

MoHo_Mojo
Explorer
Explorer
BJean wrote:
Started to load for trip to FL.

Stick your foot in it on the way down and shake off that cold... we don't need anymore down here...... already facing lows in the mid 40's, brrr.
---------------------
What did you do to your Class C MH today?

Shopped for a set of 16" wheels.

Took a nap inside, because it was raining and it sounds so much better in the "MoHo".

BJean
Explorer
Explorer
Started to load for trip to FL. Will need another day to complete job. The temp is around 0 and we are to get 3 to 6 in of snow by noon Wed. Will leave AM Thur. is weather lets us.

jcamp123
Explorer
Explorer
Sold it last week and bought a 2006 Allegro 32 ba Class A. I will miss my Class C but I'm sure the Class A will be just perfect for me with it's larger tanks and storage capacity.
Joe and Susan
Tara the toy poodle and Patches the cat
Retired Teamster traveling when I can
2006 Allegro 32 BA
2009 Saturn Vue Red Line
FMCA 50826
-----------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins !!

RVWithTito
Explorer
Explorer
For the last 4 weeks, the C has been covered next to my house. We got a bunch of snow through the holidays but it's all melted now. This morning I hooked up a charger on low to my chassis battery to get it back up to 100% for some weekend get-a-ways. Also breaking out the Streets and Trips software to plan extended trips for the spring and summer when the kids are out of school. ๐Ÿ™‚
2007 Four Winds 31F Class C; Ford E450 Chassis; 250 Watts Solar;

RV Solar, Towing, DIY and Tips on my website RVwithTito.com
Watch My Video Tips at YouTube/RVWithTito

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Its not done yet, but should be shortly, just have to wait on the son-in-law so that I can take the C to the quarry where he works so we can use one of their big lifts, and will put valve stem extenders on the C, selling the 1ton pickup that used to carry a large TC, sold that already, took the valve stem extenders off the pick up today, and got all the stuff to mount on the C. I glad that we took off the extenders, because my curbside, outside tire on the rear dually was flat. Took care of that. Would not look good, trying to sell a truck with a flat tire. A couple of other things on the drawing board for the C next year before spring.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, Yesterday...
Switched New and Old in our parking area so Old could get down to the RV shop for Dometic recall. Wow! Old drives great! Like a sports car compared with New. But New has bed down, only reason we're getting out of Old.
Today... Planned camping trip in New, transferred more from Old to New, prayed for somebody to buy Old.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
YIPPIE after the rain noleaks fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!
God bless Etrnabond and caulk
TYRONE
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it wasn't today, but a few days ago, came home from a quick weekend trip to our sons house for our grandsons first birthday and an early Christmas, the girls were able to get off work so all of us were there, well when we got home I unloaded the C, took it around back and hooked up the air compressor and blew out the water lines, drain the water heater, but was just to tired to dump tanks, so I just dumped rv antifreeze in them, well I got around to draining and cleaning them the other day, when the wind wasn't blowing, still cold but not bad. I had to take the water hose into the C to the bathroom so I could fill the black water tank full for a better flush. I thought what a pain, there has to be a better way, well this what I did to the C today, I researched a black water flush kit that I can install in the end of the tank,I can easily get to the end of the tank, WALA, no more dragging the hose into the C. Now all I need to do is wait for warm weather.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

Berticus
Explorer
Explorer
With the fuel prices starting to climb I filled up the 2 tanks with #2 diesel at $2.25 gal. Now with 84 gal of fuel I am almost ready for winter camping. By the way, on my fuel drive I testing out the rv in some pretty good(messed up) snow roads. Handles good on start out cruising but not so good on the stopping. In 4hi it does alot better just got to remember to slowdown and give plenty of room in front for stopping. At over 12,000 lbs, 2 kids and a wife, I have to be carefull.

Merry Christmas and Happing New Years, Robert.
The Setup:
96' Serro Scotty 25'Dodge,4x4,Diesel,Class-C, 86 20' Chris Craft LTD.

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Sealed all edges of the roof with 4" Etrnabond did some more caulking beating the rain by 3 hours. Will know tomorrow how I score on leak fixing. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tyrone
1984 Midas
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

Berticus
Explorer
Explorer
Well I just ordered a windshield cover from camping world here in ID. This is my next to last step for winter camping. The funny thing is that the cover is in another store in UT and to send it directly here to Idaho would have cost me an additional $14.00. Or they could put it on the next regular truck which goes to DC then back to ID and no cost to me. Just 2 weeks later. I went with the DC long about way for Free delivery.

Hope to be getting more snow for skiing, Robert.
The Setup:
96' Serro Scotty 25'Dodge,4x4,Diesel,Class-C, 86 20' Chris Craft LTD.