cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

mbryant
Explorer
Explorer
Mine stays ready to go. Just waiting for 10/3/09 to leave

VirginiaVal
Explorer
Explorer
Exercised the generator while driving up to Peaks of Otter on the Blue Ridge Parkway for lunch.
--Val
06 Winnebago View

BlackiceLSC
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be installing my Draw-Tite anti-sway bar to the race car trailer this weekend, going to the store and filling the RV full of essentials, gassing it up, hooking up the trailer and taking it to a BIG empty parking lot for some test runs to set up the anti-sway tension...and then bring it home for 2 days before...

my FIRST "going racing" outing with Jambo.

In case you're bored, here's our route

hwy 101 south from Windsor, Ca
to Famoso raceway outside of Wasco, Ca(north of bakersfield) just east of hwy 99.

I'll be going 101 south
to 37 east
to 80 south
to 780 east
to 680 south
to 580 east
to I-5 south
to 46 east to FAMOSO raceway, home of the world famous March Meet!

dsomonster
Explorer
Explorer
Brought her home yesterday, ran the usual checks. Added fresh, filtered water to the tank, fuel, charged house batteries, tire pressures, and DirecTV.
Heading out today to Johnson's Valley, CA to the dry lake bed for some off-road fun. I hope the weather cools down a bit for us.

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tonight I installed a 19" Toshiba TV/DVD combo unit in our rear corner bedroom nook. It will be real nice to have on our upcoming trip as the evenings are getting darker earlier. We have a main TV, but sometimes we like to lay & stretch out, and the bed is great for that.

BennieH
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I installed new slide out awning cover material. We bought it through rvtechray. Took us 2 hours. We were quoted about $400 to have it replaced. $163.45 including the shipping.

Now I can another goodie!
Bob & Pam
2003 Monaco Camelot 40PBDD
Ford Edge or Chevy Silverado toad.

Post your Park Reviews at:
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday - took to fill-up w/gas and did some practice backing/maneuvering in empty school parking lot. Wanted to get a little better feel for it before this weekend and our first tailgate outing.

Today - Connected to our sewer clean-out and gave black tank a good flushing using a hose and sprinkler type wand. The monitor level is actually reading Empty :B Since we just bought it used, at least now I'll know whose stuff is in the blank tank!!!

Tomorrow - load it up so we'll be ready to roll early Sat morning :B :B :B
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

Buddhacamp
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready for the fall push, Changed the oil and filter today and did an all around check. RV looks great and should be safe for travels coming! Happy Labor Day Weekend! We earned it as usual :W

Jason_Nipp
Explorer
Explorer
Lou/Pat wrote:
Getting ready for Mt Rushmore and points west
cool, that's where I'll be this weekend as well.

I just upgraded my tail lights to Bargman LED lens updates. Holy Kow does it make a difference.

My tail lights were pretty dim, and that bothered me from a safety stand point. You can see me now!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I also dumped my incandescent magnetic mount toad lights for a set of Custer commercial grade LED towing lights. I had to re-wire the 4 way round to a six way round connector, but again holy Kow did these make a difference.

99 Itasca Spirit 31T

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
Dropped off Class C to RV shop to have all seams, roof, windows, etc old caulk stripped and all new put on. Don't have any leaks and now won't expect any.

When it comes back on Friday, we will load everything and get the house ready to leave Day after Labor Day for 6-8 weeks.

petiredpete
Explorer
Explorer
hey RICH, wal mart sells "SIGNS" "GIT R DONE"

Lou_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready for Mt Rushmore and points west; so finished up a bunch of things like sewer storage, PVC underneath; changed oil/filters; gas, propane fill; some more hooks inside (seems you can't get enough of them; one last wash today and as soon as we pack food/clothes we're gone for a few months.

Would like to do a dinette replacement (jackknife couch is very uncomfortable) and replace both front seats with power/lumbar for our comfort in the spring. Having trouble finding something.

Have a long list of things we've accomplished in the last few years that I should writeup.

Happy travels everyone.
Lou & Pat, '05 Forest River Lexington GTS 255 on Ford E450 Super Duty, no toad. Retired so: HAPPY BIKING & HIKING

BlackiceLSC
Explorer
Explorer
finished re-wiring the trailer harness yesterday.
Now I have successfully completed everything on my TO DO list before the big trip next week, except install the Draw-tite anti-sway shock from hitch-to-trailer.
I suspect that'll take 1/2 hour or so-need to weld the front mounting piece to the shank, and drill the trailer mounting location.

Then...yes THEN...it's time to make the list, do the shopping, drain/re-fill the fresh water tank, gas up....and HEAD SOUTH!!!

short list of what I've done since I bought it in June.

-purchased 6 16" wheels in place of old factory 16.5" wheels
-installed 10 tires(6 new, then had to replace rear 4 due to over-size issues)
-dropped gas tank, sent out for pressure cleaning, installed new fuel pump and sending unit, replaced fuel lines and filters
-installed new front and rear shocks and front brakes
-installed new front sway bar bushings
-new steering box
-new power steering pump and pressure/return hoses
-modified roof vent cover lift arm and installed new vent lid
-cleaned, cleaned, disinfected, cleaned inside(carpets shampood)
-repaired major under-body damage from a R/R blow-out previous owner had
-repaired front captain's chair pedestals(loose/worn)
-purchased many interior decorations/curtains/pillows/matresses/covers
-re-enforced rear frame-to-extended frame for towing strength
-rebuilt carburetor
-installed misc. factory bits and pieces that died of age.

...I am sure there is more that I have done along the way...but I could not have done it without the help from the great members of this site. The good news is, I have done ALL of the above work myself. Only cash paid out for labor was alignment and tire balancing.

racnacr
Explorer
Explorer
Inatalled my TST tire pressure monitoring system, Cleaned and treated the rubber roof, washed the whole rig, and began polishing/sealing the exterior. We leave tomorrow evening (hopefully) on a 1300 mile trip to race at the SCCA National Championship. We will be boondocking at the track for 8 or 9 days. It's our longest trip to date and we can't wait!
05 Gulf Stream 6316
"Super James"

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
Got about 85% of my homemade genturi done. Had the 3" thin wall PVC left over from a project to extend to sewer cleanout for dumping tanks on 5'er. NO...this was leftover pipe...never been used for dumping :B . Need to rig up the bungee cord and suction cup support. After using this weekend I'll look into painting pipe and "prettying" it up.
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M