cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

Dewey_Clines
Explorer
Explorer
Installed Bilstien heavy duty shocks and steering stabilizer on the front of my E450 Super Duty Holiday Rambler. Not the easiest shock install I've done but their on now. Next is to road test to see if the ride improved as advertised. Next weekend I'll do the rears.

bobwalter
Explorer
Explorer
Last week: Cleaned ceiling (carpet like material) with upholstery tool on the carpet cleaner. About 3 hours working above my head. Sore for a couple of days but it was worth it. Looks like new. When I was done with the ceiling, the next day I cleaned the carpet. Needed it. Last week: I repaired the damage to the sewage compartment from the blowout. Bent up the steel compartment bad. Used a hydraulic jack and forced it back into shape. Repaired the trim panels and caulked and sealed the compartment. Over the weekend: Removed all the caulk on the roof seams in preparation for re-caulking and covering with Eternabond. Figured that if I was using Eternabond, I would re-caulk at the same time. Today: Began cleaning all the furniture with the carpet cleaner. Hope to finish tomorrow. After 20 years, things can get pretty dirty. One chair looked like it had never been cleaned. Hopefully, when I am done it should look and smell clean, clean, clean.

I get real ambitious when the weather begins to cool. The temp was down to 82 today. NICE

Bob
Lynda & Bob ..N8DUV
2000 Safari Trek
sunny Sebastian, Florida

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Started provisioning it for the next trip.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

JesseJ1826
Explorer
Explorer
Went to the storage lot and retrieved the tow bar, brought it home for a cleaning and little paint touch-up
J J

2001 Four Winds Chateau 31N E450 V10
2006 Saturn Vue V6 AWD, drivetrain by Honda, body by Tupperware
Aventa II, Brake Buddy

snowdance
Explorer
Explorer
We are leaving Sat. morning on a fall color tour. Our nights have turned to freezing so yesterday checked the tires, blew the water lines out and put antifreeze in the drains and holding tanks. That should hold us until we get out of here. We keep using it until the hard freezes come then blow it out and put the pink stuff in for winter..
Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38

2doghome
Explorer
Explorer
cachearoo wrote:
I cut the cab over off with a and threw it away because it was rotten and moldy...I am now trying to figure out what I'm going to do tomorrow.

Does anybody know where I can get the fiberglass sheeting for a custom rebuild job?

My husband says try the wind deflectors thy make for semi trucks. About he same size. Also he would like to see some pictures.
2001 Minnie Winnie
Class C 450 V10 ford,
31C, one slide

cachearoo
Explorer
Explorer
John, that is how my problem started. Turns out in my case the water got in under the bed and just laid in there. When my seams started coming apart it was because the screws that hold it together and the wood were both rotted out. I hope this is not your problem, but it sounds very familiar

John_and_Marsha
Explorer
Explorer
Today was spent rebuilding the generator. Waiting for a new circuit board, all the rest is done.

Checked the propane tank, looking for leaks. So far it looks good.

Trying to figure out how to keep the overhead from pulling apart at the seam. Found a small leak and fixed that but nothing seems to hold the corner together.

cachearoo
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry...with a sawzall that is.

cachearoo
Explorer
Explorer
I cut the cab over off with a and threw it away because it was rotten and moldy...I am now trying to figure out what I'm going to do tomorrow.

Does anybody know where I can get the fiberglass sheeting for a custom rebuild job?

sask66
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the oil. Noticed a dirt like substance on the tranny dipstick. Went to a Ford tranny guy and he said not to worry, just a little crud where the 2 piece dipstick tube is connected. Took all food stuff out of the fridge and pantry.Cleaned the screen on the fantastic fan and cleaned the filter on the ac heat pump. Washed the bugs off the exterior from the last trip to Northern Wisc. and Duluth Mn. Vacumned, cleaned , will winterize tomorrow.Took the grill out of the storage area, cleaned. Checked all storage areas and cleaned and straightened. Will get generator serviced tomorrow also, and put my Winn Aspect 26A 2006 to bed for the winter. Maybe we will head south in March if I can talk Grandma into a trip.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Topped up the air bags for a 2000 kilometer trip starting Oct 21, 2012.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

David_R
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a new inverter and replaced a cracked a/c shroud. Will hold a little longer before winterizing.
2007 BT Cruiser 5231
2002 Heritage Softail Classic

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
Winterized.... Sad day here in Maine but they are calling for a hard freeze. Last trip was this past weekend up in NH in the White Mtns., had a dusting of snow above 2,500' of elevation. Darn winter I can even smell it in the air!
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

hoover4466
Explorer
Explorer
re-sealing all seams and edges on outside of coach, should be busy a couple days to finish all that up. found and fixed leaking front window seal last wkend. then need to winterize. ordered a cover/housing for roof air unit, (blown off somewhere between silver city and home -_- ) not in all too terrible, i'm just really slow... happy trails to all..
part-timer. '85 mallard shorty C