cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome pcryer to the forum. Lots of great people over here. I too came a truck camper. We had a RealLite 12', the one with the side door entry. It hurt to have to get rid of it, but the DW health issues required it. But I really like the C we have, still doing the mods that I want to get done to it. It has been a very yard ornament for some time. The DW can't drime, I had to give up driving because of a vision problem, so I didn't do the mods. Now my sister is the drive and the excitement is back and the mods are being done.
Enjoy the new to you C. We did the same a new to us.
Safe travels.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Put it back in storage after a successful trip.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

pcryer
Explorer
Explorer
I'm new here. Just bought a new to us 2006 Coachmen Freelander 2600. It replaced our memory filled truck camper. Today we explored the coach from one end to the other to familiarize ourselves with everything and changed to oil in the generator. Still trying to figure out why the rearview camera, which is connected to a JVC Exad, is not working. We are excited for our first shakedown cruise ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
2006 Ford F250 Super Duty, Ext. Cab, Diesel, 2WD, shortbed
Air Bags, Stock 17" E Rated Tires
2006 Coachmen Freelander 2600 (Class C)
2013 19' Xcursion Pontoon w/Yamaha 70 4-stroke

62Doka
Explorer
Explorer
Installed rain gutter spouts on all four corners of our rig. I had to buy them directly from Fleetwood as CW or Wally world didn't carry ones that would work.

Also replaced the (outside) plastic shower hose with a new stainless steel snake like hose. Nice and flexible.

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
De-winterized in prep for a week at the OBX soon. Unloaded almost all the winter clothes, the garden sprayer I use for a winter shower, and most of the astronomy stuff (the 5" SCT lives in the Tiger with its tripod and eyepieces). Did leave the little Buddy heater & three LP bottles 'just in case'. Waxed the gray streaks off the sides, and washed the winter's mud off the tires (no point in doing the whole thing, it's going to rain tomorrow). New wiper blades. Screened the cat litter. Will vacuum today, and test the water heater.

Jim, "Struggling hair farmer."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

William_DeMarco
Explorer
Explorer
Swapped out headlight switch which did not fix my problem...shampooed and steamed the carpeting and two of the four chairs and the sleeper couch.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Bought a trik-l-start so my solar system will maintain the chassis battery while the RV is in storage.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
Picked it up from the shop and paid more than was quoted on the phone due to them finding a few more problems = $2,900+ :E

And when we got it home we found, once again, after being driven for awhile, the roof is still leaking. :M
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tjsix6
Explorer
Explorer
Today I am swapping out the dash radio and upgrading the cup holder from the doghouse, who ever thought of a single cup holder in any vehicle especially an RV? Anyway I am working on a 98 and using one from a 2004 that I picked up in the wrecking yard yesterday with 4 holders and a cubby for travel guides
that will be so much nicer:). Just finished swapping in some LED upgrades to a few of the overhead lights a few days ago and wired and installed an inverter for the front tv/bluray player, the speakers on the tv are less than desirable so I also added a 2 speaker with sub pc speaker system to the mix, mounted the 2 speakers to the bottom of the overhead cabinets by the dinette,and the sub fits in the extra space at the end of the overhead bunk. sounds great. Almost done with mods so we can take the kids and grandkids to Disney ๐Ÿ™‚

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished adding a second AC in rear will be great to get lower temps in hot weather at 90 degrees never got below 76 hope to get it to at least 72 degrees. Just finished getting it ready to leave on first trip to Pigeon Forge TN. Volunteer campers group will be there starting the 27 April at River Plantation campground. It will be nice seeing everyone again at start of season. It's really hard to believe after setting for a few short months for winter the cleaning it needs LOL
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

ginaseven
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to a bad storm here, I got to driveway camp/work. It was very nice to have it in this situation. I didn't have any water in the tank so from now on I will. That was the only thing missing. The power finally came back on about 20 hours later. I was able to run the house fridge off the generator also and was able to save all of our food too.
I work from home and didn't miss any work at all!
2006 Gulfstream Conquest

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi all,

Took the 2nd trip of 2013. Another work trip and in foul weather again.
Regards, Don

tboss
Explorer
Explorer
unloaded her from a week at FortPickens last week..sure was nice to drive her and not have the pesky skip in the engine,, I finally found out wht waws causing it and replaced the part and now all is well..wht a pleasure to drive her agn..and for a grand finally she is paid for this week after 15 years. and its worth every payment..now maby I can aff
ord to put some fuel in the tank and go some where fauther than my mailbox..hehehe

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Ran the genny with the ac on for about 45 minutes, also started the chassis motor, and just sat there and enjoy being in the MH.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
For the last week used it to go to work while car was in the shop.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen