cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

regis101
Explorer
Explorer
I edited that last post 'cause they ain't LED's. Just regular small bulb incandescents.
Anywho, I loaded a few more pic's. Yes, that's an 8 Track.
Peace. ~RL

regis101
Explorer
Explorer
Working on fresh water system. Already replaced the 1/2" lines that takes care of the tank, drain, WP, and coach feed. New 1 3/8 fill hose arrived today and outside fill spout should be here tomorrow. Will be soon attempting my first sanitization that is long long overdue.
ironically, the tank insides are not bad. But nonetheless, might do it a coupla times. No harm no foul, huh?
Ordered and going to replace the fourteen clearance lights with new incandescent units of the same style. I tried to fix two of the OE's and they crumbled.
Replaced front cab carpet and restored the doghouse. Now the dash looks like ****.
Does it ever end? It's a disease, huh? Do tell. I can take it
Peace. ~RL

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Washer fluid reservoir leaking, remove battery and battery pan for access to the tank, replaced 5 ft. of washer fluid hose and back in service. Re-glued one of the drawer latches that was loose and some paint work from scratches on the rear. Heading out to ElMirage dry lake bed this weekend for time trials.

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
My annual oil change and lube. About 6000 miles on this one. In and out Mobil 1 EP. I still think 5-6000 miles on this engine is about right with good oil. It drains very smelly and looks like it has had it. 6 quart pan capacity and 9 MPG will do that. I'd go farther with it on an extended trip, but I think 5-6K should be it for the oil.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't do it today, but I purchased a 200 watt solar kit from Renogy...not going to mount it right now...maybe eventually... already have a 100 watt solar suitcase....Just replaced my batteries with a couple of Group 31's...6 volts were too tall for the battery tray under the steps...
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Took the wire wheel and removed the front half's old caulking. Slow and tedious work not to put a hole in the roof. I could still see the film in a few spots which nothing will stick to, the alpha caulking seems to do better it seems so time will tell. Now for the back so I won't have to mess with it for another 5 years hopefully.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Leaving town for the weekend Friday and the drivers side window went up halfway then stuck, I grabbed it with my hand and it went down then back up again but I knew it was off the track. When I got home Sunday afternoon I removed the door panel and found the glass alignment guide was broken from the bracket, removed both pieces, a quick weld and back in service in an hour. Now I need to fix a few latches on the drawers tomorrow before leaving again this friday for the weekend.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
klutchdust wrote:
Lube,oil and filter. On my creeper I go from nose to tail looking for anything loose or needing attention. The rear driveshaft has a rubber boot covering the spline. I removed the zip ties and slid it back and there was little if any grease on the spline. This was the source of 'clunking' when pulling a load with my diesel pick-up and I feel confident this will cure the occasional clunk with the motor-home.

Took it to town for propane, fuel and a roof wash and the shifting is smoother. Definitely consider the spline movement in these long shafts...

ronfisherman
Covered Motorhome for the summer. Until after Labor Day.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
CAMPING SEASON--Cleaned inside,replaced winter blankets with lighter bedding, gassed up, leveled, turned on fridge to get cold. Replaced our broken coffee pot with one from the thrift store. Tomorrow more prep. Can't wait to take off.
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lube,oil and filter. On my creeper I go from nose to tail looking for anything loose or needing attention. The rear driveshaft has a rubber boot covering the spline. I removed the zip ties and slid it back and there was little if any grease on the spline. This was the source of 'clunking' when pulling a load with my diesel pick-up and I feel confident this will cure the occasional clunk with the motor-home.

regis101
Explorer
Explorer
Still chipping away. It's good therapy.
Installed cheap but new front cab carpet and restored the dog house cover. It had had glue all over from carpet or something. Real pain to remove.
Now the dash looks bad. Might try a kerosene swipe to see if it will at least clean it up. The padded dash part is perfect.
Peace. ~RL

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
NevadaStars. NICE
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Oh NevadaStars, I sure hope this new C does not turn out to be a lemon.
Time will tell. My dealer is only about 25 miles away. Not to bad.
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

Nevadastars
Explorer
Explorer
Whatever it turns out to be, good luck with it. My neighbor had a new Keystone travel trailer a couple of years ago. It was constantly having weird issues. He got tired of taking it back to the dealer 70 miles away, and sold it. Hopefully yours is just this one thing.
2016 Forest River Wildcat Maxx 262RGX 8,268 UVW 11,754 GVWR
2007 Ram 2500 QC SB 4x4 Smarty tuned 5.9 Cummins
B&W Turnover Ball & Andersen Ultimate