cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

Mile-High-Endur
Explorer
Explorer
Had a repairman come out and he replaced the motherboard on the hot water heater. It's beeen acting up for months.

Jeff
2005 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 8.1 gas
2000 24' Pace Shadow Limited w/ Husky Equilizer Hitch - resting in Texas while we fulltime
1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ PS, PB, Automatic, Factory Air

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking of doing the same but then we get a lot of company and the ones we don't care for stay out there. I rather have piece of mind and still can go camping if and when we want to.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

thebeach300
Explorer
Explorer
went out and started the motor and gen.reconnected the house battery while running. turned on tv and lights for load everything was good.

Off_Pavement
Explorer II
Explorer II
The county sheriff showed up last night... In Nebraska, if you buy used or you buy a vehicle from out of state, you must have it inspected by law enforcement. A phone call is all it took in our county to get a deputy dispatched. When we called Friday around noon, we were told it would likely be Monday before someone would be able to inspect our rig... We were surprised at 7PM when a deputy showed up to perform the inspection. The inspection amounts to verification of the VIN with the paperwork needed to obtain license plates and is a nice courtesy so we didn't have to drive the 40 miles to our county seat.

Today I installed a 10" hitch adaptor for new Blue Ox tow bar and modified new tow bar to use with our Jeep's custom tow plate. Discovered the hose access hole in the waste valve area is too small for Rhino hose fitting to fit through. Valve opening is too low to route hose through compartment door for draining so... I removed the 6 screws attach the waste hose trap door mount and temporarily removed it for draining. Thinking about plan "B" with the waste access hole.
The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!
Please Support Multiple Use of our Public Lands!

Brian Hoag
www.rv-camping.org
'10 Sunseeker Class C - Gozer II
'13 Jeep JKU (Wrangler) - Billie

JesseJ1826
Explorer
Explorer
TMBLSN wrote:
JesseJ1826 wrote:
Not a happy camper. Yesterday I went to the storage lot intending to exercise the genny, discovered the lock on the entry door was busted and my brand new 26" LCDHD TV was gone. All the drawers and cabinets had been tossed but as far as I can see nothing else was taken. They didn't take the remote for the TV. Had a quick check around the lot and none of the other 30 or so RV's were hit, curious, I wondered why they picked on me.
Oh well, at least I got to run the genny for an hour or so waiting for the police to show up. Now to do battle with insurance company.

Repairing the lock/door will be MUCH more expensive than replacing a 26" TV (~$250?).

It was close. The TV I bought in July cost me $220 at Walmart. The entry door lock (Trimark 60-650) cost me $170 at the local RV stealership. Twice the price as same thing in US, however couldn't wait to have it shipped as my RV was unlocked. Struck out with insurance as my deductable is $300.
J J

2001 Four Winds Chateau 31N E450 V10
2006 Saturn Vue V6 AWD, drivetrain by Honda, body by Tupperware
Aventa II, Brake Buddy

TMBLSN
Explorer
Explorer
JesseJ1826 wrote:
Not a happy camper. Yesterday I went to the storage lot intending to exercise the genny, discovered the lock on the entry door was busted and my brand new 26" LCDHD TV was gone. All the drawers and cabinets had been tossed but as far as I can see nothing else was taken. They didn't take the remote for the TV. Had a quick check around the lot and none of the other 30 or so RV's were hit, curious, I wondered why they picked on me.
Oh well, at least I got to run the genny for an hour or so waiting for the police to show up. Now to do battle with insurance company.

Repairing the lock/door will be MUCH more expensive than replacing a 26" TV (~$250?).
Lee

Starfire5
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, wow, JesseJ1826, that's TERRIBLE!! So sorry! That's one of our biggest fears. Hope it gets straightened out soon.

We took our Outlook out of storage to get the oil changed, new air filter and tire pressures checked. Also brought it home for a while to take out things we won't need (like lawn chairs, etc.) for our trip to Colorado for Christmas. Loaded up some things that we WILL need (like blankets!). Measured the freezer to make sure I have enough room for the food I want to bring along. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Catmom to our 3 camping cats: Helen the orange kitty, tiger Suzy (both rescues, too) and our new gorgeous girl, Samantha.
Doggie Grandma to one gorgeous golden puppy named Jameson

JesseJ1826
Explorer
Explorer
J J

2001 Four Winds Chateau 31N E450 V10
2006 Saturn Vue V6 AWD, drivetrain by Honda, body by Tupperware
Aventa II, Brake Buddy

snowdance
Explorer
Explorer
Ran the engine and Gen. Fluffed the tires. All down the same amount because of the cooler weather so brought them up to 5lbs above the called for psi. Both the Engine and Gen fired first try. Set for another month...Come on Spring..
Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38

rehoppe
Explorer
Explorer
TyroneandGladys wrote:
rehoppe wrote:
I only managed to shovel the drive.

Same here the dust was terrible.

Now that's just WRONG!

:h
Hoppe
2011 Dodge 1500 C'boy Caddy
2000 Jayco C 28' Ford chassis w V-10 E450
Doghouse 36' or so Trophy Classic TT

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
rehoppe wrote:

Same here the dust was terrible.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

elwood58
Explorer
Explorer
I had an Eternabond day today ๐Ÿ˜ž Clipped the eve of my sons house, and roughed up the rubber roof edge pretty good. Good thing I wasn't any taller, or serious damage would have been done. His house is fine, my pride was hurt, and the motorhome is not much worse for the wear.

We are back home from a 1000 mile 16 day trip. Heading out again next week in the other direction.

Hope everyone enjoys the holidays.
2016 Fleetwood Bounder 33C

rehoppe
Explorer
Explorer
Hoppe
2011 Dodge 1500 C'boy Caddy
2000 Jayco C 28' Ford chassis w V-10 E450
Doghouse 36' or so Trophy Classic TT

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Added a breaker and outlet to our 120VAC panel. This also allowed me to get the water heater off an outlet circuit. Still can't draw more than 30A of course, but I can now run two electric heaters and not trip a 15A breaker.
Also replaced Attwood furnace thermosat with WalMart's Hunter "Just Right" $20 electronic unit. Much nicer!
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Coalminer UG wrote:
Its my day to run gen set. Once a month under load.
Thats what I did today also.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund