cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

what to keep

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I am selling my TT soon with plans to buy a Class A sometime this year. I am debating if I need to keep water hose, sewer hose and that type stuff or leave it with TT. Would you keep what you have? I know if and when I buy I will not want to use a water hose from someone else. Would it make sense to store at house somewhere for a few months up to six months and use them with new MH? What about wheel chocks and other essentials? What should I keep from TT to use in MH? not discussing linens, dishes, and that type stuff, just RV specific things.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS
19 REPLIES 19

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Each time I sold, I removed all that stuff and put back the unused "hospitality" kit I originally got at purchase from the Dealer - the blue sewer hose, low end water hose, etc.

Our MH came with an attached sewer hose, electric cord reel, electric water hose reel, etc. so I tossed or gave away all the stuff I saved from the old rig. You never can tell what you will need until you get your new one. I think over the years I've had every Camping World gadget made ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Yup. Keep that nice stinky sewer hose for 6 months

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keep it you'll have more storage space in the class A and all that stuff will help fill the bins up. Although I don't think you'll need the wheel chocks.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
wannavolunteerFT wrote:
I am selling TT to an individual who already has a TT, just smaller and is ready to move up. I will be buying MH, when I find what I want at the price I can afford (hopefully before end of year)
Then I would keep it all water hose is easy to sanitize later
2009 Challenger

cwit
Explorer
Explorer
If selling to a private person give him what you want to make the deal. If trading in to dealer take everything and reuse or yard sale .

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
You wonโ€™t get one dollar more for that stuff. Keep it.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Keep it all. You just don't know what you'll actually use and not use. If you don't need it after all, you can always get rid of it any time. But once its gone, its gone! Besides, those things will not add any extra value to the selling camper.

We purchased 4 campers after giving up tent camping. We kept everything from each change, even everything from our tent camping days. We incorporated them into the new camping module and what we didn't incorporate we eventually gave away. I STILL to this day, have a few items from our pop-up from 1999! We used our tent for years after we got our pop-up, and even then with our first travel trailer. It made a great outside storage area.

Eventually, almost all the extra stuff we ended up not using, after a couple years, were given away. No regrets at all. But there was always the thought, we just "might" want to use this-or-that item. Eventually "this-or-that" was farmed out.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
wannavolunteerFT wrote:
ductape, no I am not going to replace the fresh water tank and all the piping, but I have more confidence that a simple sanitation will clean them, because they are less like to have been used for other purposes.. I am not sure the hose, which is a more porous material will sanitize the same.

Call me a scardy cat, but I work for DoD and use to buy hoses, connectors for water purification units and potable water pumps and tanks.. never could find any company that would sanitize hoses with any type guarantee that it was actually clean.

Thanks, that's interesting information. I'm pretty casual about water in the tank, since we don't drink it.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

mlslcan
Explorer
Explorer
I moved from a TT to a Class A (no slide) then another Class A (with slides). I sold my TT and Class A first through a consignment dealer and bought months later. Both consignment dealers did not want any hoses left in the RV. I assume that they planned on selling those items to the buyer separately. I would ask your buyer if he wants the hoses as part of the deal. If not I would keep them. I kept the hoses in two totes (1 potable (a 10ft, 15ft and 25ft hose), 1 non potable (sewage and hose for tank flush)) in the RV and just moved the totes to my garage for the few months needed.

Mike

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I always leave the sewer hose, but I take everything else with me.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I am selling TT to an individual who already has a TT, just smaller and is ready to move up. I will be buying MH, when I find what I want at the price I can afford (hopefully before end of year)
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
ductape, no I am not going to replace the fresh water tank and all the piping, but I have more confidence that a simple sanitation will clean them, because they are less like to have been used for other purposes.. I am not sure the hose, which is a more porous material will sanitize the same.

Call me a scardy cat, but I work for DoD and use to buy hoses, connectors for water purification units and potable water pumps and tanks.. never could find any company that would sanitize hoses with any type guarantee that it was actually clean.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Whenever I've sold an RV in preparation for moving on to another one, I've left enough water and sewer hoses, etc. for a basic park hookup. Electrical adapters, extra hoses, etc., go with me to the next RV to augment or replace whatever comes with it. I've never had to store them for more than a week or so, but longer wouldn't be a problem. Twice we've swapped our existing mattress to the new RV, replacing it with the "new" one in the old RV. We've even swapped toilets twice now. Of course that means having the new RV on hand before parting with the old one.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
If you are trading it in the dealer will trash or remove anything left in it, including most times the manuals. So keep what ever you want to keep, since the next owner will be buying what he needs or be supplied a "starter kit" with purchase.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog