cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the Converter/Charger!!! Aaargh!

Fastfreddy14
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to change my Converter charger in my 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J. I've looked everywhere and I can't find it! As you can see in the pictures the inverter is under the sink. The hot water tank is under the stove and under the firdge is the power distribution for the 110V but no converter anywhere! Please help.

I tried embedding the pictures but it didn't work so I had to do links instead...

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4
16 REPLIES 16

Fastfreddy14
Explorer
Explorer
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1f0_o5gB6ZEMcm5fQfvL3yHKvdaQr0gZK

Finally found it. It's exactly where the Winnebago diagram says it is. It is definitely NOT easily accessible. After removing the breaker box to locate it, I still couldn't access it. I removed the sliding door and removed the lower wall paneling on the right hand side of the fridge to pull it out and access the area more easily. I'll definitely be putting it back in there in another way to make it easier to access next time and probably adding a grill vent to that area for better ventilation.

Fastfreddy14
Explorer
Explorer
I found the inverter. It’s the converter charger I need to find 🙂

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Look on the left inside of the front cabinet next to the tv. The cabinet to the right of the tv, then inside, then look left.

Just a thought. Might be a very small inverter.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Photo posting dealie.

If you get a google disaster warning close it and reopen.

Fastfreddy14
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome!!! Thanks!

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
The owner of a 2005 Sightseer 34A was asking the same question on another forum, and the answer was that it was right behind the AC breaker panel that you show in Pic3.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I could not see the inverter in PIC-1 did not look at other pics

There are three type of inverters
One is stand along 12 volts in 120 out period
One is pass through 12 volts or 120 volts in 120 out

Many are inverter/chargers 12 volts in 120 out if no shore power
But with shore/generator power it's 110 in and 12 out.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
It will be located with or very close to the 12 volt fuses. It will be very accessible and it will be vented with a cooling fan. It is connected to the 120 breaker box and will have a labeled breaker. It will be a 15 amp breaker.

I am very curious about your AC breaker panel. It appears to be a Residential sub panel with no main breaker. I have not run across this in a RV but then I don't sleep at Holidays Inns.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

A1B00902
Explorer
Explorer
In my unit its under the washer/drier

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the link.
Winnebago Resources
Just go down to the right where the red Manuals and Diagram tabs are located. Start with the "Parts Catalog - Motorize" and get the one for your specific RV. You'll probably be able to zoom right in on where it's located based on the the diagram and your personal understanding of the layout and what cabinet is what and how it's shape corresponds to the diagrams.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I have an inverter charger in my motorhome. The inverter and the charger are all in the same box. It is an integral unit. Both functions in the same box.
Jerry Parr
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

Fastfreddy14
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't know the diagrams were all available on their website, that is awesome! I do hear a fan kick on now and then in that location. They sure made it hard to access. I'll keep digging tomorrow in that area and I'm sure I'll find it. I had looked under the bunk but there was nothing there either. I guess I'll have to take more stuff apart. Thanks for the help.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
If you plan on doing extensive work on your RV, you really need to go to the Winnebago website and access or download all the various manuals on your particular unit. They give you access to everything from full build diagrams to parts list to call out sheets,; electrical and plumbing diagrams; operator manuals, sales brochures, parts catalog, etc.

Based on a quick look at your coaches build diagram, (page 85), it shows the converter/charger under a bunk (maybe a closet or similar) that is next to the kitchen area (to the right of what may be the refrigerator) on the passenger side.

Take a look at that spot and hopefully the diagram is correct.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.