Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to find Owner's Manual?

tailgate_CLE
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchased a 1984 Rockwood MH

I need to know what kind of oil to put in it and other important info!

WHERE ON EARTH CAN I FIND A MANUAL FROM 1984??????

thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
5W30
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Aside from the chassis, check the manufacturers websites for individual systems (by model numbers) in the motorhome, see if installation and operation manuals are still available for download.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to see what an owners manual for a motor home looks like, I have scanned a manual for a 22' '88 Mallard.

Dusty

tailgate_CLE
Explorer
Explorer
the chassis is on a Ford E350 Econoline

thanks for your help!

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we had a Class C on an '83 Ford E350/460, I used 10w-30 dino oil and MotorCraft FL-1A filter. I don't know if it's fact or legend, but I'm reluctant to switch an old high-mileage engine to synthetic oil.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
FYI
"owners" manuals are, well, almost universally poor. Which is why so many used rigs lack them.

On delivery your rig probably had a generic "owners" manual, plus manuals on all the sub-systems and appliances.

I would get a Ford/GM/what-ever chassis manual for that plus (for the RV part) the "RV Repair and Maintenance Manual" by Bob Livingston
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
ronfisherman wrote:
May not find a owners manual for a 1984 Rockwood. But may be able to find one for the chassis. What chassis is your MH on?

If this is unsuccessful then search for a manual for a commercial truck that used the same engine.

Clicky

https://www.google.ca/search?q=1984+Ford+F750+owners+manual&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=DHfCU...

Edit: sometimes the recommended engine oil spec is found printed on the oil fill cap on the engine.

You could also phone your favorite oil brand's customer assistance toll free number and use what they recommend. They wouldn't generally recommend incorrect lubricants which might lead to a lube-related failure...

ronfisherman
May not find a owners manual for a 1984 Rockwood. But may be able to find one for the chassis. What chassis is your MH on?
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD