cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Who says old Class C's ain't worth much?

Cousin_Eddie93
Explorer
Explorer
15 REPLIES 15

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
PSW wrote:
PoorGary, you must be my kindred spirit. I still miss the smell of raw gas coming out of the doghouse, the heat on my feet and legs through the firewall, turning up the carb to richer to adjust for altitude, nylon tires going bump and thump on a cold morning. And the vice grips, electrical tape and pieces of wire. Life was - and is - good.

Paul

Oh yes, and dont forget the little things like the clothes peg holding open the choke.

Cousin_Eddie93
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Cousin_Eddie93 wrote:
Big Redneck wrote:
I still have my 1995 Dodge Scotty Diesel Motor home. Been garage kept since new.It still looks new. In fact I just wax it. I spend more time cleaning it then using it.I just put all new tires on it and new front brakes. I change oil every 3,000 miles. I had the transmission rebuilt and beef up and what a difference. Put 4 inch exhaust also. a new TV with a booster and now get a lot more stations. Normal driving we get 14 MPG which is very good for a motor home I have found.It has 63,000 miles on it. Each time we take it out someone wants to buy it. So far it not for sale.

Sounds like an awesome rig. Any pics?

HERE YOU GO

Beautiful, looks brand new.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
http://i.imgur.com/TiycIVBl.jpg

I would love a chassis mount for my 01 Dodge.

Not so much a Peugeot.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cousin_Eddie93 wrote:
Big Redneck wrote:
I still have my 1995 Dodge Scotty Diesel Motor home. Been garage kept since new.It still looks new. In fact I just wax it. I spend more time cleaning it then using it.I just put all new tires on it and new front brakes. I change oil every 3,000 miles. I had the transmission rebuilt and beef up and what a difference. Put 4 inch exhaust also. a new TV with a booster and now get a lot more stations. Normal driving we get 14 MPG which is very good for a motor home I have found.It has 63,000 miles on it. Each time we take it out someone wants to buy it. So far it not for sale.

HERE YOU GO
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Cousin_Eddie93
Explorer
Explorer
Big Redneck wrote:

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
I don't miss the poopless performance of a carbureted engine that overheats on hot days when groaning up a mild grade at 40mph. Changing and adjusting points and fiddling with rebuilt carbs, goofy fusible links and resistors on the firewall and 8.00 x 16.5 bias belted tires that are hard to find.

Big_Redneck
Explorer
Explorer
We don't travel as much as we use to. I guess we are getting old.I want to go out west one more time.

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
PoorGary, you must be my kindred spirit. I still miss the smell of raw gas coming out of the doghouse, the heat on my feet and legs through the firewall, turning up the carb to richer to adjust for altitude, nylon tires going bump and thump on a cold morning. And the vice grips, electrical tape and pieces of wire. Life was - and is - good.

Paul
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

my440
Explorer III
Explorer III
An older guy may pay more than a younger guy when he hears the 440 coming to life out of a cold start.
Older rigs can be persuaded back home when broken with the use of vice- grips.
Many younger guys dont know how to use them so for them its the technicians in the white coveralls.

BillHoughton
Explorer II
Explorer II
14 passengers but only three beds? That works out to 4-2/3 people per bed. Sounds pretty racy to me.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
A 30+ year old Class C won't usually sell for much more than $4000 unless it has a pile of restoration money invested in it and you find the right buyer with cash. Hard to get a loan to buy an old motorhome and to insure it for what you think it's worth.

femailyetti
Explorer
Explorer
I believe its mane value to be,
"complete with original toilet brush"

Cousin_Eddie93
Explorer
Explorer
I sold my old 93 31' ford chassis for $7500. More than what the low balling websites said she was worth. It's what you put into them and how much appeal they have tha ultimately determines its sale price.

dcg9381
Explorer
Explorer
People paying pretty good money for the Toyota Sunraider (?) - the all fiberglass ones...