cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Window Replacement on Vista Cruiser Mini

HardyC
Explorer
Explorer
I am in need of replacing the large (56W X 25H) passenger side rear window on my 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser Mini (Mercedes Diesel). It is apparently a Dometic window.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how best to do that. I've contacted two local RV dealers and they both seem reluctant to try to find and install a replacement. All I really need to replace is the glass (appears to be a dual pane/plastic of some sort) and exterior rubber seal, but would require removing an installing the holdups and locking levers.

One dealer suggested I just take to a auto glass installer, which seemed a strange recommendation, but would be great if they did such things.
Hardy Childers
2008 Vista Cruiser Mini 8231
4 REPLIES 4

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Just google "rv replacement windows" and you'll find what you're looking for.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah the dealer (especially a new dealer) would be the hopeful place to find it for me as the glass is probably custom. But yes, most larger glass install companies could most likely make you a simple straight and not curved piece of glass with cuts / mounts.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Why would shopping for glass at a glass dealer be strange. That would be about the first place to look. RV dealers sell RVs not glass. Of course, we are not in California. Things work different on the right side.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
When I broke a side window I eventually went to local glass installer - they made a template which they sent out to have the glass made. That might be your best bet.
Kevin