cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

windshield sun blocker

pointrow
Explorer
Explorer
Windshield sun blocker for front of MH. Which ones are best and easiest to put on?
thanks
pointrow
7 REPLIES 7

bamcote
Explorer
Explorer
We got ours through Prompt RV Sunscreen about 5 years ago, easy to use and have had no problems. At the time we got ours, they had several different colors to match the motor home. Prompt RV Sunscreen
DH, DW, Tildie, Bella and
Molly the Maine Coon
and Greta the shorkie pup

2008 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z
2007 Saturn Vue AWD with Ready Brake Brute

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
I use two methods
The reflective stuff mentioned above works great and can be used on side windows as well. Easy to work with cuts with sissors, really helps with insulation as well.
When parked where we don't have to deal with direct sun and want to see out we use garden shade cloth from wally world, the small command performance hooks works to secure it to the inside of the windshield. This eases daytime glare and you can still pull the shades for nighttime privacy.
We are full time and other than 3 months in Yuma we move a lot.
Jim
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 10' x 4' roll of Reflectix at Home Depot for $25. It does a great job of keeping the sun and heat out of the front of the coach and reducing A/C use. It also does a great job of blocking the view of the rvs across the street. If you have a view overlooking the ocean, you may want to buy something more expensive.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
I have used RV Quick Shades for over 15 years.
I have had to replace a few suction cups over that time.
Reasonable priced.

RV Quick Shades
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I have Magneshades for my front windshield and side windows. Yes, they are pricey but they are very well made and easy to take on and off. I have the leaf pattern in front and black on the side windows with the leaf pattern on top. It looks good and they work well. They keep the coach cooler and I like being able to see out.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

rseymour21
Explorer
Explorer
Magne Shade does look very nice and I see why you made your own, pricey, good job!
2003 F250 7.3L
2008 Cougar 292RK

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like the products Magne Shade produces but couldn't find room in my budget so I made one my self. Installs in a bout a minute using a wood dowel. Not ladders, snaps or such. Takes even less time to remove, just pull it off. Bunch of You Tube videos from the manufacture are available for viewing.

Held on with very strong magnets attached to the inside of the windshield. Found the material at Home Depot and I think I got the magnets from Amazon but I can't recall the exact magnets I used. Also made a sun screen to hang off the awning.

2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53