cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnebago 27N Vista...

CK_BK
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, Looking at the 27N Winnebago Vista. It looks like its is a well made coach. Would like to hear about any experiences Vista owners are having like handling, rattles, etc. Any and all inputs are welcome.

Thanks in advance for all input
Enjoy the journey...

'14 Itasca 27N
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Pugs: Kelly & Bambee
19 REPLIES 19

WV_Bum
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our 27N in Sept. last year . It is a 2015 model . We like it a lot , once I got the tire pressure right it drives ok. The slides do have some noise while traveling . Drivers side sliding glass window also rattles if not shut just right. I bought this coach thinking that if we have some trouble Winnebago will stand behind there build. Hope I am Right!! Fit and finish seem to be good and a lot of storage for a 28 ' coach.

hoopers
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 30T, bought last September. So far, we really like it, having put on about 2000 miles so far. We tow about 2000 lbs behind it, and have traversed several steep mountain passes in Colorado. It did great. I was worried about not having an engine brake, but the low gears did just fine, both up and down the passes.
It is much easier to navigate and park in state parks too, compared to what we came from, a 40' fifth wheel.
We keep it between 60 and 65 on the freeways. Not sure what the mpg is, but for the most part, the gas tank is big enough where we can travel all day without filling up. And with the lower gas prices now, MPG isnt quite as important as last summer!
We really haven't had any significant problems, just things the dealer should have fixed before we took delivery. More of a pain getting the dealer to fix it.
2014 Winnebego Vista 30T
2017 Ford Expedition
Texas gulf coast, Colorado, or on the road camping somewhere

Danhannah
Explorer
Explorer
Driving 70 mph or so through the high desert, we got a little over 7 mpg over 1200 miles.

I am sure more moderate speeds might get you 8 - 8.5.

Probably not much better no matter what you do...

Best RV we have ever had!

klenger
Explorer
Explorer
budbon wrote:
We bought our 2014 27N in January. Recently returned from a trip from here in Durango to Oregon & Washington. We were along the coast most of the way thru Oregon and Washington. Our only complaint is the fuel mileage. Other than that this is a dream and yes you can get in the bed with the slides in. Spent a night at Cabelas in Lehi, Ut. We opened the closet slide and had the full bed. We tow an 87 Suzuki Samurai. Great Coach!

I'm thinking about a 27N and wondering what fuel milage you got.

Thanks

budbon
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our 2014 27N in January. Recently returned from a trip from here in Durango to Oregon & Washington. We were along the coast most of the way thru Oregon and Washington. Our only complaint is the fuel mileage. Other than that this is a dream and yes you can get in the bed with the slides in. Spent a night at Cabelas in Lehi, Ut. We opened the closet slide and had the full bed. We tow an 87 Suzuki Samurai. Great Coach!
I may not be good.....but I'm slow.
Bud Kerr
2005 Dodge, 3500 4X4, Banks Engine
Brake, Brakesmart, Quadzilla Commander
2010 Montana 2955RL
Kawasaki 650 Prairie ATV, Kawasaki 360 Prarie ATV
SUN Solar Oven

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
lostscout wrote:
I have a new 2014. It has a humming noise at about 55-60mph, can't seem to locate cause (dash area) Ford checked - no luck. One other problem - no roof ladder and was not blocked for one - Winnebago will not help. Last item - it does not have both battery shutoff (contary to their on line info). My unit has had battery problems because of this, I had shutoffs installed ($250) and this cured the problem.

My 27N does have a ladder and battery cut offs. I think the quote above is refering to the 26HE which is missing a lot of features and as a consequence has a much lower price.
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System

kd7cxg-2
Explorer
Explorer
steveownby wrote:

If you don't mind, post your thoughts after your trip. My friend is very interested.

He was told by a Ford dealer that any mod like this would void the warranty. They claim they can tell even if you un install the module.

Steve
I will try to remember to post the mpg when we get back. Should be back around mid May.

Tom
2013 Itasca Sunstar 27N
Toad: 2010 Toyota Corolla
Good Sam Lifetime Member

steveownby
Explorer
Explorer
kd7cxg-2 wrote:
steveownby wrote:

Tom,

I have a friend with this coach, which he also likes very much. He was thinking about the 5 Star Tuning module. How would you rate it?

I think it is well worth the cost, has more power on the hills, shifts at lower rpm's when accelerating in tow/haul mode. Don't know if the mpg has changed or not, I have driven it less than 500 miles since installing the 5 star tune.

We plan on going to San Antonio, TX in April, anxious to see what our mpg is there and back. From Forest City, IA to McMinnville, OR towing a Corrolla it got 7.19mpg, every thing was completely stock. We will be towing the Corrolla to TX also. Hoping the mpg has improved at least some after the 5 star tune.

If you don't mind, post your thoughts after your trip. My friend is very interested.

He was told by a Ford dealer that any mod like this would void the warranty. They claim they can tell even if you un install the module.
Tom
Steve Ownby
2003 Monaco Signature

Full-time since 2007

OhhWell
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:
Finally Time wrote:
I have a 2013 Vista 27N. I really like everything about it. It handles well with no modification. I have had only one minor warranty issue; the wooden pannel under one of the dinette cushions was not secured well and came loose. The fit and finish is very good, and everything works. Lots of counter space and storage. (I traded a total dog of a Thor ACE 27.1 that I owned for only three months. If you want to see poor quality, look at an ACE.)

My experience is opposite. After owning 2 ACES I can say I like the interior more than the Vista which I would consider stark, minimalistic and dated.

I think he was talking about the quality of the interior, not the looks. Having looked at both ACEs and Vistas lately, I would concur. The ACE looks VERY nice inside but the Vista just feels so much better made. The Vista line was actually my favorite that I looked at within gassers and even some DPs.
1998 bounder 36s V10 F53

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Finally Time wrote:
I have a 2013 Vista 27N. I really like everything about it. It handles well with no modification. I have had only one minor warranty issue; the wooden pannel under one of the dinette cushions was not secured well and came loose. The fit and finish is very good, and everything works. Lots of counter space and storage. (I traded a total dog of a Thor ACE 27.1 that I owned for only three months. If you want to see poor quality, look at an ACE.)

My experience is opposite. After owning 2 ACES I can say I like the interior more than the Vista which I would consider stark, minimalistic and dated.
2013 ACE 29.2

kd7cxg-2
Explorer
Explorer
steveownby wrote:

Tom,

I have a friend with this coach, which he also likes very much. He was thinking about the 5 Star Tuning module. How would you rate it?

I think it is well worth the cost, has more power on the hills, shifts at lower rpm's when accelerating in tow/haul mode. Don't know if the mpg has changed or not, I have driven it less than 500 miles since installing the 5 star tune.

We plan on going to San Antonio, TX in April, anxious to see what our mpg is there and back. From Forest City, IA to McMinnville, OR towing a Corrolla it got 7.19mpg, every thing was completely stock. We will be towing the Corrolla to TX also. Hoping the mpg has improved at least some after the 5 star tune.

Tom
2013 Itasca Sunstar 27N
Toad: 2010 Toyota Corolla
Good Sam Lifetime Member

lostscout
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new 2014. It has a humming noise at about 55-60mph, can't seem to locate cause (dash area) Ford checked - no luck. One other problem - no roof ladder and was not blocked for one - Winnebago will not help. Last item - it does not have both battery shutoff (contary to their on line info). My unit has had battery problems because of this, I had shutoffs installed ($250) and this cured the problem.

steveownby
Explorer
Explorer
kd7cxg-2 wrote:
We have the Itasca Sunstar 27N (same as the Vista 27N) and love it, lots of room and storage space. Has more storage than the 2002 Brave 30W that we traded for it.

We traded for it at Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City, Ia. From there to Oregon there were no handling problems or rattles. I have added a rear trac bar, steer safe and 5 star tuning to it. None of the mods were necessary, just something I wanted to do. Take it out and drive it on different types of roads, I think you will be happy with the way it handles.

Tom

Tom,

Steve Ownby
2003 Monaco Signature

Full-time since 2007

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System