cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnebago Access Premier 31RP ...used

Veik
Explorer
Explorer
I found a used 2012 model today at a local dealer, with 7000 miles on the ODO.
Inside looks great, roof looks good, caulking is not dry.
Its clean inside, and floor plan is spacious.
It has the premier package and three slide outs.
It appears as it was almost never used...which is a bit strange

Its my understanding that this is one of the top Class C that Winnebago offered few years ago?

Dealer is asking $65K

Is this a good RV?

with age and millage that low, what should I be on the look out for?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
n

triple602
Explorer
Explorer
Love our 2011 Access JP

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
There was a group that 52%+ was "good." My personal preference is 57% or so. But my point is that you should still weigh it. Best I can see is 31R/31RP are two-slide not three-. The with one slide ahead of the axle and one behind, I don't know what that does with weight distribution. Should have an adequately-loaded front axle (1/3+ of scale weight, or 75% of front axle rating) for firm footing to steer and track with. Truck scale's the only way to check this.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

bsshelby
Explorer
Explorer
I have tried other brands of RVs, but have found Winnebago to be the best for me. I currently own a 2010 Access that I bought used two years ago. It was just like your situation, 7000 miles, looked brand new. We have had no problems. The tires were showing some cracking and Michilin replaced all 6 of them at a wonderfully low price! So it's Winnebago and Michilin for me. You should be able to buy it in the $50s. Good luck!

Veik
Explorer
Explorer
j-d wrote:
Access 31R and 31RP share a 215" wheelbase. That's probably OK for weight distribution, but include a scale (truck stops have them) on your test drive. While you're there, make sure Front Tire Pressures are equal and not over 70-psi. And the Rears are equally inflated, 75-80-psi.

55% according to my calculations.
Ideally we want 60%, right?

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
Goggle the model and floor plan and ad for sale. It should bring up some hits to match.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Access 31R and 31RP share a 215" wheelbase. That's probably OK for weight distribution, but include a scale (truck stops have them) on your test drive. While you're there, make sure Front Tire Pressures are equal and not over 70-psi. And the Rears are equally inflated, 75-80-psi.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
Need more info, what model number which will also tell us the size. Have you looked it up on NADA? There is always room for offers. You can go to www.winnebagoind.com and look up the brochure and speck sheet under Resources. Dick