cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago Access

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking for information on a 2012 Winnebago Access. Although almost 300 persons looked at my message, I received no replies.

I would like to try it again and ask if anyone has a Winnebago Access of any year. If so, I would appreciate any information that could be provided about their likes or dislikes or performance or anything that may be of interest to a potential buyer.
11 REPLIES 11

bobthegod
Explorer
Explorer
I bought new a 2007 Access 31C on Chevy Chassis. We now have 65,000+ miles on it and it has performed flawlessly. True, though, Chevy paint sucks and the hood peeled. I sanded and repaired it myself for under $50 and it looks new. There are the two of us and our dog. Plenty of room. Could sleep 6 and maybe 7. The Chevy(6.0L)engine has plenty of power as I tow my '99 Jeep Wrangler with it. It is a very comfortable ride, smooooooth on the highways. I took out the cabinet mounted old tube TV and gained another cabinet. I then installed a HD TV which is larger even though we don't use it much. Presently only installed new tires (Michelins) which are Waaaaayyy better then the Uniroyals it came with. It's a very comfortable unit even though there's just the two of us. When others show up we have plenty of entertainment room for all. Spent many a rainy few days in it and didn't feel claustrophobic at all. What else can I tell you? Bob
2007 32' Winnebago Access Model 31c with a 1999 Jeep Wrangler toad.

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2008 Chalet, which is the rental fleet branding for Winnebago so essentially ours is an Access 31C. We're really happy with it. Nice sturdy build quality and finishes. Cabinetry is all nice quality with ball bearing drawer slides, etc. Definitely a lot more beefy than our Gulf Stream TT we had prior to the Winnie.

We've had no handling problems, but we did add Sumo Springs over the winter. The limited amount I've driven it with the Sumos so far do so an improvement in smoothness of ride (especially over expansion joints and other road bumps) and we're more level around corners.

We really like our layout and love the huge rear storage compartment. Interior is very comfortable for 3 of us and 2 large dogs (well, the bed could always be bigger when the dogs want to sleep with us). The counter space in the kitchen is pretty spacious for an RV, that's another favorite of ours.
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
I've looked at the Access online and on craiglist, and for used RV, this has been my favorite so far. We have a 2003 Spirit and it seems a lot like the Access models available in recent years--since 2010. I could be wrong about that I don't really follow the model lines. But they brought back the Spirit and it is their entry level coach and I don't think it was in 2003. The Access seems the most like the Spirit we have now which we have really loved and enjoyed.
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

mrdon2
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2008 Access 31c with the E450/V-10 setup. First driving it (down from a 38' A DP) the handling was a littler scary. I replaced the sway bars (front and back) and replaced the shocks. Made a world of difference with handling, remember to weigh it and drive with the correct tire pressure as it makes a major difference. The interior is great for the two of us, we replace the j-knife sofa with a set of wall hug separate recliners (from Rooms to Go), swapped out the front TV for a larger LCD one and updated the shower head. We have no issues with the set up of the table, although uncomfortable if one has to watch the TV from the seat facing backwards. Hope this helps.

Don / Cheryl Burke
2008 Access 31C
With a Honda CRV in tow
Don & Cheryl Burke
2008 Access Class C-31 Winnebago
Honda CR-V Toad

armadillo_17
Explorer
Explorer
We traded for 2007 ACCESS CHEVY. It only had 22000 miles and original tires. I put new tires on the day I took possession. We now have 26,000 after several trips. Very happy, although the paint on the hood came off. The local body shop that repainted it, said that GM had problems with the water based paint.
Jon in S/W Missouri
2007 Winnebago Class C
2012 Jeep Patriot (Manual Transmission)

rbreak
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, we just purchased a used 2008 Access 29T (in great shape with only 21k miles, Ford chassis w/v10) but we have only had it for a short time so I can't say I have much experience with it. But, we chose it because after looking at many used units, we felt the Winnebago was a better quality level coach (at the price/age point we were looking at) than most of the other brands of used coaches we looked at. They seemed to of held up better over time and use than the other brands, and have a little more of attention to details (fiberglass roof, soft lined interior ceiling, digital thermostat, etc.). Granted, how well the owner takes care of it plays a big role in how a used coach hold up of course, but it just seemed to us that the Winnebago's were nicer. Winnebago's website is good too, they have a page you can put in your coaches' serial number and it will bring up the build sheet, showing every option/part on the coach. That's how I found out it had the upgraded 14800 btu a/c rather than the standard 13500. I don't think the private owner that I bought it from even knew that as well as some of the other details of the coach. The 29T with the dinette slide has plenty of room for my 3 person family as well as occasional friends/family that may come along, and it has plenty of internal and external storage for us. The only negative I can find is that the shower is smaller than most of the other coaches we looked at, but then the separate bathroom is bigger than most, it's a trade off I guess.
As I said, we haven't had it long enough to give an experienced review, but so far we like it and are really happy we found it. Good luck!
2008 Winnebago Access 29T
Class C w/Ford Chassis

kyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our Aspect since we bought it new in 08 and like it a lot. For 2 people and a small dog it works great,more than that would be a problem. Storage is limited and we'd rather have a bed with room on both sides, but those are just compromises you have to make with a small unit. We love the U shape dinette, but that's a matter of preference. We were planning to buy a new unit this year, but we can't find anything we like as well.
Janet & Ralph
2008 Winnebago Aspect 26A
2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks redeldo, I have learned more in a few minutes than I have in the past month. Very valuable information. Thanks again.

I did not look for technical information. That I can get somewhere on the internet.

What I am looking for is just people's opinion on what they like and don't like in the Access. So, yes my question was general because I was looking for opinions rather than facts. Knowing other's experience with a product is most important.

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 12 access 28 ft, fairly nice wife and I do not like the horseshoe dinette but they want an arm and leg to remake to a standard. Not a lot of room to party in if so inclined. Swivel front seats IMO are a waste of time, would rather have had powered seats in the cab. Not a lot of storage room inside or out if that is something you are interested in. For 2 people works pretty good but like I said not real roomy for any more. We are the 2d owners and got it for a good price, had considered a new purchase but the costs were just too much. This one was 1 year old when we bought 4000 miles on it.

we had looked at many others but the construction/build was just not worth the effort. Too many bugs in new ones (air leaks, generator exhausts hanging loose etc). Nice looking used were just that nice looking. 1 from the NE had all the storage boxes frozen shut with rust, 1 had a AC unit that barely worked and the dealer said 'its supposed to be like that'!

Overall its not bad just has some things that after purchase we decided that we didnt like.

Sorry should have said aspec not access.

Questions send me a PM.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your question is too wide open.

I have a 2007 Winnebago Outlook 31C, but I think they changed its name to Access a few years after I bought mine. The 2012 Access 31C looks almost identical to mine.

I have no idea what you want to know.

We love ours. For more specific information, ask a more specific question.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

redeldo
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know which model you are looking at but, try this link to pull up some data on the Access: http://www.lichtsinn.com/product/new-2012-winnebago-access-premier-31rp-445979-16

I don't know anyone who has one there, but there is a 2014 for sale on Craigslist: http://nwga.craigslist.org/rvs/5491270412.html

Also try this link: http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=53258.0

And this: http://thebayfieldbunch.com/2013/05/we-are-liking-our-winnebago-access-but.html

If you can use Craigslist in Canada see what you can pull up and if something is there contact the seller and ask what their experience was.

Per NADA it appears that 2014 was the last year they produced the Access and replaced it with the Aspect.

Hope someone else can chime in.

Wayne
Wayne
2001 Monaco Dynasty Legacy
2004 Jeep Liberty (toad)