cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago / Mercedes Issues 2015 Navion 24G

jnw56
Explorer
Explorer
We recently purchased a brand-new 2015 Itasca Navion IQ 24G. We have had several issues from the time we left the dealer. The RV has mostly been in the repair shop since we bought it. The most recent issue we have had is with the electronic door locks. The driver side door lock is the only door lock that works with the dash button and the key fob. The passenger side and coach yours have to be operated with the key. We took it to our Winnebago dealer and they stated that this was a Mercedes issue. Upon calling the Mercedes dealer they informed us it was a Winnebago issue. Unfortunately this leaves us know where in between the finger-pointing between Winnebago and Mercedes. I had called owner relations at Winnebago they are nearly impossible to get a hold of. I am really not expecting much from Winnebago since they have dropped the ball 99% of the time so far.

I am wondering if anyone out there has experienced the same problem since our Winnebago dealer says that this is a known issue. Does anyone have any suggestion as to how to go about solving this problem? I would really want to enjoy our new RV, but the manufacturers seem to be making that nearly impossible.
29 REPLIES 29

jnw56
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear you had a good experience with Lichtsinn. Unfortunately it sounds like we had the opposite experience. Can't figure out how any company could drop the ball so completely. As a result I will not be contacting them in the future for anything. Also we cannot recommend them to any other new RVers. Since looking further at some of the other reviews on Lichtsinn we have found there are varied opinions. We have recently got in touch with the Mercedes rep who is taking very good care of us. Can't say much for Winnebago on this matter. Thanks for your reply.

ScottMack
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear you are having coach problems. I am also sorry that you are unhappy with Lichtsinn's. We are just over 700 miles from them and ordered our Winnie over the phone in 2010. We had an absolutely great experience working with them. We had a couple of post-delivery warranty problems and they went above and beyond making sure we got taken care of. They even coordinated some work to be done through another Winnebago dealer - which really was not necessary - since any dealer should honor and handle warranty work.

Good luck and I hope things get worked out. Other than engineering/weight issues, we have been happy with the overall build quality of our motorhome.
2010 Winnebago Outlook 29B
2010 Ford Escape (1 blown tranny at 4876 towing miles)

jnw56
Explorer
Explorer
Copy that. Much appreciated. I will repost there

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
If you get over to the View Navion group and mention this it would be most informative for those intending to purchase. I have heard that Lichtsinn and WGO lurk on the forum too. You might get a little more love too as they don't need the bad press.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

jnw56
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, that was the intension. Lol. Sometimes my editing is NOT great.

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for the issues!

jnw56 wrote:
...The dealer is Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City Iowa and I would recommend them to anyone after
This experience.

Did you by chance intend to have the word "not" in this sentence? I enjoy this dealers videos when "window shopping" from my recliner.
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

jnw56
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and comments regarding this. The dealer we purchased from is 1000 miles away about 1 mile from Winnebago in northern Iowa. We bought the marketing and reviews hook line and sinker and flew there to pick up the vehicle. We have had Problems ever since and can't get hold of the dealer for anything. At this point I refuse to call them. Fortunately a TransWest location started selling Winnebago recently so service is nearby.
The dealer is Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City Iowa and I would recommend them to anyone after
This experience. It has been way more than just this locking issue. Again, much appreciation to all for taking the time to post.

marc515
Explorer
Explorer
Agree that this is a WBGO issue. Your dealer is crappy to say the least; they should own customer service unless it's an obvious MB issue like the engine, or drive train.

The main customer service dept is usually very easy to get a hold of, and very friendly; however, depending on the call volume you might be on hold for little awhile.

I would call the WBGO customer support and ask to speak to a Senior Customer Support Rep.
Best Regards,....marc & joan

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
this IS a WB problem, MB has nothing to do with the coach. like others said go to the wb site , and find a different dealer. this one is of no help on purpose.

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Dakzuki wrote:
If I recall Winnebago taps into the passenger door circuit for the electric lock on the coach door. I am almost certain this will be a Winnebago issue. I have called WGO directly before and they have been helpful with tech issues. Keep trying with them.

You might ask here too.

You need to go to the link that Dakzuki posted here. There's thousands of owners over there with your same line of coach.
This is probably one of the last forums you'd want info from on a specific model and brand of coach
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
To me it's Winnebago's problem. They manufactured the coach. They are responsible. If they want to get Mercedes to fix it, it's on them. Make a claim through Winnebago.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry to hear you are having this issue. To me the dealer should be helping you more to get this fixed. He sold it. If the side door is part of the locking system, then Winnebago had to alter the system and should step up to diagnose the problem. I suspect Winnebago tied into the wiring for the passenger side locks and something has come loose or shorted. Good luck.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
If I recall Winnebago taps into the passenger door circuit for the electric lock on the coach door. I am almost certain this will be a Winnebago issue. I have called WGO directly before and they have been helpful with tech issues. Keep trying with them.

You might ask here too.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
I can't imagine that's not a MB issue. It's clearly part of the MB chassis. The mutual denial comes as no surprise. Nobody makes any money doing warranty repairs.

I would press the issue with the owner/manager of the MB facility. Still no luck, go up the chain to the regional/ national MB people.

http://mercedes-benz.custhelp.com/app/ask/session/L3RpbWUvMTQwODkwNjcyMi9zaWQvN0d6VlNGKmw%3D
🙂

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
It appears to me that it would be a Mercedes issue giving that the cab is make by them, including the electronics.

I believe the way to get this done is to force the M-B and Winnie reps to talk directly to each other in a conference call which includes you.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.