cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

winnebago travato

Livies_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone purchased the new Travato and if so what do you think of it. Motorhome Magazine reviewed it in the June issue. I kinda like the
idea of the gas engine. their test run was 17mpg+. Comments.

Saw the thread below after I posted this. Sorry.
9 REPLIES 9

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
stan909 wrote:
Go to.Sportsmobile.com and click on Promaster tab at the top. You can download the pdf file and get prices and specs. It shows a diesel opt.

No Diesel option in US as yet. In the pipeline.

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Go to.Sportsmobile.com and click on Promaster tab at the top. You can download the pdf file and get prices and specs. It shows a diesel opt.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
erip wrote:
I would imagine that winnebago will not be offering the travato in a deisel for a while. A diesel would require an LPG generator. The LP tank on the travato is a bit small to handle the amount of propane that an LP generator would require to provide electric for a significant amount of time

If FCA was going to offer the diesel, it would have come out in the first release.There are no gas options for the Global Ducato.

erip
Explorer
Explorer
I would imagine that winnebago will not be offering the travato in a deisel for a while. A diesel would require an LPG generator. The LP tank on the travato is a bit small to handle the amount of propane that an LP generator would require to provide electric for a significant amount of time

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Supposedly the Diesel version will only add $3500 to the price. Not the $13,000 more for Ford or Chevy. Supposedly.

RayUSMC
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
looks like a standard B van to me. price comparable to most, or less? I don't need to buy a diesel myself.
bumpy

We're not interested in diesel either. It looks like a viable option though.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
looks like a standard B van to me. price comparable to most, or less? I don't need to buy a diesel myself.
bumpy

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Have you read this thread?
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

kendall69
Explorer
Explorer
Personally a gas engine is the worst engine for pulling any weight on RV's. Once anyone drive a diesel and feels the pulling power they would never ever go back to gas.
I have driven only diesels for that last 20 years. My current daily driver is a Sprinter. I once overloaded it almost to the danger levels and it climbed the Rockies like it was empty. My wife went out to the parking lot to move it and it was so heavy she thought we lost the transmission because she has to use more pedal to move it. Dodge is coming out with a diesel in this version, I would wait. Some are saying/getting up to 30 mpg in the dodge new diesel.
Owned (1) Class A (2) class C (1) truck camper looking at a Class (B)
New proud Owner of a 2014 Phoenix Cruiser 2400