cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winny Brave 32v

wadders
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a 2002 Winnebago brave and we have a couple of questions now that we have lived in it for 4 weeks.
If anyone can help, we would appreciate any answers you may have.

1/ Below the TV in the drivers area there is a map light........where the heck is the switch?:h

2/ On the floor we have several heating grills......I haven't found the heater yet!!

3/ I see that the Brave is pre-wired for a CB, how many people out there use one?

4/ oooh edit the post.......I see a lot of you record the states you have visited...how do you do it, where do i get one?
Thanks
Terry
8 REPLIES 8

Matt_Colie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terry,

Look up one from your last. You beat me buy a minute.

CBs are nice to have, but have very limited usefulness. They seem to be good for finding out why you are sitting still. I wouldn't (and haven't) spend money on one.

Learn to use the heater. If you go as far north as Georgia, you may need it. It will burn a lot more gas than anything else you own.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

wadders
Explorer
Explorer
Thankyou guys and gals for your answers, very helpful.

I have sussed out the map light, and i think i have a better understanding of the heating system, not that i need it where we are now (south of Miami).
Still debating the CB.

What about the little state maps a lot of you seem to use and fill in?

Matt_Colie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terry,

If you mean the maps that show "State Traveled" ??

It is http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/ Click Here.

Check where you have been.
Rules?? No rules, use it how you want.
We only checked states that we traveled though long enough to remember. (This can be kind of tough with some of the little east coast ones.)

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Hikerdogs
Explorer
Explorer
wadders wrote:
We just purchased a 2002 Winnebago brave and we have a couple of questions now that we have lived in it for 4 weeks.

1/ Below the TV in the drivers area there is a map light........where the heck is the switch?:h

2/ On the floor we have several heating grills......I haven't found the heater yet!!

3/ I see that the Brave is pre-wired for a CB, how many people out there use one?

4/ oooh edit the post.......I see a lot of you record the states you have visited...how do you do it, where do i get one?
Thanks
Terry

The light below the TV is operated by the dash light dimmer switch. When the dash lights are on full bright the switch can be rotated another couple degrees. You should feel and hear it click to turn on the overhead light.

The registers on the floor are for both the propane furnace and the Motoraid heater. The Motoraid system has both a coil wrapped around the water heater to provide hot water while traveling and a heater core below the floor to the right of the forward most register to supply heat to the interior of the coach while the engine is running. One of the switches below and to the left of the radio should be labeled "Coach Heat" or something similar. This switch controls a 2 speed fan that blows air across the below floor heater core.

It's possible the fan for the heater core doesn't work. A common problem with this system was that the fan blade would move on the shaft and eventually interfere with the heater case. When that happened the fan motor would draw too much current and blow the fuse.

Here's a link to the online operators manual:

http://winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/pdfs/Operator2002/02Brave.pdf

Operation of both the light and the "Rear Coach Heat" are explained in section 2

The only time we ever used the CB in our 2001 Adventurer was when we went on a WIT caravan. It was required to keep in touch with the host and tail ender, as well as used each travel day when leaving the campgrounds. We haven't gone on any WIT caravans in our 2013 Adventurer so the CB sits disconnected in one of the dinette storage compartments
Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
heating grills, heat from your furnace, can you find that? if you look on outside of RV there should be a cover with two? round outlets to exhaust furnace.
CB I have one in every vehicle and use one all the time. nothing like approaching a city and asking an oncoming trucker the best route thru, etc. can't do that with a $600 smart phone.
bumpy

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
wadders wrote:

Thanks
Terry
I own a 04 Winnebago and my map light switch is a switch on the dash that I have to use my thumb to either go up or down on the switch. When I'm done turning the switch downward the map light comes on. It's not a toggle or a dash switch it's more like a very small wheel switch. My floor heating grills the heat is piped in from the radiator on my R.V. and not from the dash heater. My RV is also pre wired for a C.B. but I never cared to install a C.B. radio unit in the 11 years that I've owned it. Lastly, I never cared to record what States I've been to, but you can buy that stuff at your nearest Camping World Store (CW). Nice Coach that you bought have fun RVing in it!

the_vfox
Explorer
Explorer
I would suggest you visit this site:
http://winnebagoind.com/product-resources/product-information

It has tons of reference manuals for Winnie's

Good luck
Fox and Angel, fuzz ball cat and crazy Yorkie :S
Don't call me on the weekend, Im out camping.:C
2001 Itasca Horizon DP 36LD 330 Cat and all the bells and whistles
Go Blue, US Air Force(retired)25 years ๐Ÿ™‚

mmccray100
Explorer
Explorer
I have a '99 Chieftain. The (useless) map light in my RV toggles toward the driver or passenger. Toggling the light itself switches it on.

The furnace is accessible from an outside door (it's screwed to the body on the curb side.

I don't have a CB, but I've read other posts and forums. Some people do use them, primarily for contacting truckers for traffic info.

Mike