cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winter cover?

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
For anyone that stores your RV at home through the winter, do you have a cover?

If so, and you like it, can you tell me what kind you bought and where you got it?

Thanks! Jules
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS
Let the adventures begin!
15 REPLIES 15

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
For now I don't see us going anywhere for the winter, so I think we will do best by covering it. I have looked at the various ones mentioned, and I think the ADCO looks like it might be a good fit for us.

Thanks everybody!

PghBob
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. I don't use a cover for the following reasons:

1. I'm in my later sixties, and I don't get up on the roof as easily as I used to. Man-handling a cover would be more difficult now.

2. I have a solar panel on the roof that keeps my house batteries topped off and I don't want to cover it.

3. I try to drive the RV at least monthly to keep it "limber". I don't want to keep taking the cover off and on. In January, the weather is often bad, so that is one month that the RV usually sits.

4. In February, we are off to Florida. Sometimes the driveway is covered in snow and ice when we leave, so I can't imagine what the roof of the RV would be like trying to get a heavy cover off the rig.

I think using a cover depends on your climate and how often you take out your rig for a spin.

ronfisherman
My cover was bought in 2006. Our 2004 motorhome looks like new. Cover is used most of the time in summer months. We travel to warm temperatures during the winter.
It is a CalMark. They are more expensive than others. But last longer.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
NekkidFish wrote:
Do you guys in Washington get a lot of snow?

We get some accumulation about once a year. It has never bothered the ADCO.
The only time I would be hesitant to use it is if you get a number of wind storms. A wind storm has never hurt ours but I can see where constant buffeting could cause problems.

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
Cool! Hopefully after tomorrow I can start shopping for one!

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We use a Sunshield tarp bought online. Search this Forum for `RV cover' for lots of information.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
We cover ours every winter and yes, last year we had lots of snow! You need to get a cover that is made for an rv (not the blue tarp)! While our trailer is only 3 years old, it too looks brand new (not from lack of camping).

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
Do you guys in Washington get a lot of snow?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
We cover every winter for about 6 to 7 months. Our TT still looks new after 10 years and I attribute that to the ADCO cover. It's clean and dry at the beginning of the season when we uncover.

aubreym
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I leave it on until March when I go to Phoenix for baseball spring training.

It was on last winter with no mildew issues and it's been on most of the summer. Rainy in the winter and dry in the summer here in Olympia, WA. I do have it cleaned and waxed before I put it away which probably helps.
- Aubrey W7OLY

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Our TT has a roof that doesn't leak so I don't think it needs a cover over it. One winter about 10 years ago, we put a cover over a TT and when it was time to go camping there was to much ice and snow on the cover to get it off. We haven't put a cover on since then.

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
Aubrey, can I ask if you leave it on all winter? Does it cause any mildew issues, or can the RV breathe? I hope that's not a Stoopid question.

aubreym
Explorer
Explorer
Ive not had any problems with mine but wind is not an issue here. I bought the Goldline Class C cover - see below. They're pricey but it's been worth it so far.

Good luck.

Goldline Class C RV Covers

*Exclusive solution dyed 100% woven marine grade polyester
*Expert patterning
*Elasticized front & rear hems keep cover in place
*Includes a matching storage bag
*4 - 40' Heavy duty hold down straps included
*Reinforcement kit included for extra protection against damage from sharp area and stress points
*3 Heavy duty acess zippers on passenger side
*5-year Warranty
- Aubrey W7OLY

NekkidFish
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Did once. The cover blew apart in about three weeks. Garbage man loved me! Never again.

Bummer. ๐Ÿ˜ž