cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Added the liquid, Onion and spices..Started the cooker

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
I was in the kitchen and smelled that terrific Roast. It smelled outstanding. Went over and put my hand on the slow Cooker.....Then realized I had not even plugged it in. If it smelled that good before even starting it I cannot wait until 5:30 this evening.....
:S
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY
9 REPLIES 9

BirdSongPlace
Explorer
Explorer
OOPS double post

2000 Ford F350
2004 Adventurer

BirdSongPlace
Explorer
Explorer
I once had a crock pot who had "keep warm" setting where you would expect the HIGH setting to be. I had to keep a post a note inside to remind me. I can't tell you how many times I had a similar experience until I started using those notes.

2000 Ford F350
2004 Adventurer

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
I heavily pepper my roast (HEAVILY). Sear it in a hot iron skillet with just a touch of oil. Add salt. Put in crock pot along with baby carrots, onion chunks and 1/2 cup of chicken broth. When it is time I make mashed potatoes and spoon the "drippings" on. Good!

SWMO
Explorer
Explorer
tktplz wrote:
I do love a crock pot roast. I brown a good sized Chuck Roast, add 1 LG package of Lipton onion soup, 1/4 cup of Worcestershire Sauce and 1/2 cup of water, pinch of pepper. It's just that easy. Cook on low for 6 to eight hours and when you come back in the TC it smells like Mom has been there all day long cooking the roast, YUM!

I hear that!
2009 Dodge 3500 Laramie, DRW, 4X4, auto, 6.7L, B & W Companion.
Jayco Designer 34RLQS, Mor/Ryde

tktplz
Explorer
Explorer
I do love a crock pot roast. I brown a good sized Chuck Roast, add 1 LG package of Lipton onion soup, 1/4 cup of Worcestershire Sauce and 1/2 cup of water, pinch of pepper. It's just that easy. Cook on low for 6 to eight hours and when you come back in the TC it smells like Mom has been there all day long cooking the roast, YUM!
"Confidence is the feeling you have before
you fully understand the situation"

1999 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
TorkLift Tie Downs
2010 Travel Lite 690FD
1996 ZX11 Ninja
2000 ZRX1100
2008 Yamaha Zuma 50 Scooter
2010 "Blue" Bulldog, "Luna"

porknbeanr
Explorer
Explorer
I'm doing something wrong, Mine doesn't smell that great for at least
two hours after forgetting to plug it in! :h
2008 CYCLONE 4012
2008 F350 SUPER DUTY
2007 ARCTIC CAT PROWLER SXS
1999 CLUB CAR

SWMO
Explorer
Explorer
Well I've failed to plug it in, but never thought it smelled good enough to eat.LOL
2009 Dodge 3500 Laramie, DRW, 4X4, auto, 6.7L, B & W Companion.
Jayco Designer 34RLQS, Mor/Ryde

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Me three!

Skipper_Rod
Explorer
Explorer
Been there, done that!!!!