Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Hamburgs

Sportsman2505qs
Explorer
Explorer
Hamburger Maker

This makes the best Hamburgs and so easy to use and store.
2002 KZ Sportsmen 2505qss bought in 2001 Sold 1999F-150
Itasca Spirit 2014
Manatee Hammock
28 REPLIES 28

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
Buy Bubba Burgers
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
jake2250 wrote:
I aint hungry anymore!!

Ah yes, the secret ingredients. I knew I had been leaving something out :B
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
NYCgrrl wrote:
jake2250 wrote:
I aint hungry anymore!!

My life is simplified; been grinding my meat in a food processor for the last decade or so. Some day I'll buy a manual meat grinder but until then the Cuisinart works nicely.
The no black bean patties are just wrong on soo many levels.

I need to work on this more,, I bought a meat grinder for the wifes Kitchen aid mixer.
I have only tried making burger meat twice. first time we mixed sweet Italian sausage with it and then added an egg and some Italian bread crumbs. It was good but tasted faintly like meat loaf.
Last time I had some trimmings from a bulk tri tip pack. So I bought a cheap small rib eye and added a sirloin steak and some tri tip meat to it. Oh,, that was good!
A little lean but good, wife suggested to add some fat to it,, just a little, so I took some bacon fat i had, just a little bit (maple bacon) and added that!! Oh my!! But it had a greasy texture to it and wife only took one bite. I ate half and could see what she meant.
Gotta say,, the dog was my best friend that night!!

When I get the mixture right i will try again.
A work friend just bagged a bore and asked if I wanted some trimmings...
We'll be at it again soon!!

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
In the spirit of how this thread started I offer this recipe as one of the best burgers I've ever eaten:

Saw this on "America's Test Kitchen" over the weekend and the house's peeps clamoured until I made it.

Serves 4

A mandoline makes quick work of slicing the onion thinly. Squeeze the salted onion slices until theyโ€™re as dry as possible, or they wonโ€™t adhere to the patties. These burgers are traditionally served with yellow mustard and slices of dill pickle.
Ingredients

1 large onion, halved and sliced 1/8 inch thick
Salt and pepper
12 ounces 85 percent lean ground beef
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
4 slices American cheese (4 ounces)
4 hamburger buns, buttered and toasted

Instructions

1. Combine onion and 1 teaspoon salt in bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to colander and let sit for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally. Using tongs, transfer onion to clean dish towel, gather edges, and squeeze onion dry. Sprinkle with ยฝ teaspoon pepper.

2. Divide onion mixture into 4 separate mounds on rimmed baking sheet. Form beef into 4 lightly packed balls and season with salt and pepper. Place beef balls on top of onion mounds and flatten beef firmly so onion adheres and patties measure 4 inches in diameter.

3. Melt butter with oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Using spatula, transfer patties to skillet, onion side down, and cook until onion is deep golden brown and beginning to crisp around edges, 6 to 8 minutes. Flip burgers, increase heat to high, and cook until well browned on second side, about 2 minutes. Place 1 slice cheese on each bottom bun. Place burgers on buns, add desired toppings, and serve.

Test Kitchen Technique: Keys to Fried Onion Burgers

A few tricks helped the onions adhere to the burgers and caramelize rather than burn.
After youโ€™ve salted the onions and squeezed them dry, divide into four piles, place the beef patties on top, and press.

Brown the onion side over gentler medium heat. Then flip the burgers and turn up the heat to sear the beef side.

The burgers were sooooooooo good I dinna have time to take a pic. Yeeeeehup. I live w/ ravening wolves...

Gonna try freezing the burgers with the onions. Can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work.

Oh and I don't have a mandoline so I just thin cut the onions w/ a sharp knife. Found it easiest to do after cutting in half thru the root end and then removing the tops and bottoms. Onion segments separated nicely.

COOK'S NOTES: The onion topped patties freeze very nicely. Will be making another batch next week for summer camping. Just be sure to put squares of waxed paper in between each patty so they'll separate w/ ease.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
jake2250 wrote:
I aint hungry anymore!!

My life is simplified; been grinding my meat in a food processor for the last decade or so. Some day I'll buy a manual meat grinder but until then the Cuisinart works nicely.
The no black bean patties are just wrong on soo many levels.

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
paulcardoza wrote:
I have a tough time finding any burgers better than your basic frozen Bubba Burger!

Gonna revive a dead thread!!
Just made up two Bubba Burgers!! An I do have to say that they are very good!! Wife was skeptical,she does not like the frozen Angus burgers much.
And when you take a Bubba Burger out of the package it looks pale!
But UUUMMMM Good! Just a little salt and pepper and followed cooking directions!!
Thanks for the recommendation!
Wal Mart was out of them last week but found them today!

Next time I cook 'em I will throw a pineapple slice and some teriyaki sauce on it and make a Hawaiian Bubba Burger!!

Best Hamburg ers!!

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer

ams1130
Explorer
Explorer
Not related to the original post, and maybe the world knows this already, but I recently discovered that a 50:50 ground beef:ground pork mixture makes much better burgers than those I've been making all these years. So much juicier.
Ford F150
2014 KZ Sportsmen S242SBH

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
JEEZE somebody's got their panty's in a bunch.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Just found out Wal Mart near me has Bubba Burgers, and they are round,, On my way now to get some!! That silicone burger mat from Amazon is in route as we speak,well see who's is the best hamburg!!

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
I have a tough time finding any burgers better than your basic frozen Bubba Burger!
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
OMG,, When did this country become so thin skinned?? You threw something out there and got feedback, Baskin and Robins has a heck of an ice cream business because they have 31 flavors. Not all of us see thru the same rose colored glasses.
Thanks for showing us that but its not the only way to make a burger!!
And yes,, I too was hoping for a good burger recipe!
As a kid I used to stop into the local White Castle burger joint,, They had great Sliders for cheap,, but they were square,, could never wrap my head around that.
How did I deal with it???
Funny you should ask!!
I bit the corners off then consumed my slider!! Did I not frequent the place because they were square,,,,,,,,NO I adapted and Over Came!!

Jeez I have been over friends houses (yes believe it or not I have a friend or two),, any way,, they are Burger aficionados... I couldn't get a word in edge wise of how I prepare burgers,, they know it all and there's are the Best by far end of story!
And I gotta tell you,, for that brief moment in time on that specific plot of land,,,,,,I ate The Best Burger EVER!!
Now if we were talking pork ribs,,, I would not have many friends,, because I make the Best ribs of any of my friends..
So Sportsman2505qss,, come on,, let it slip off your chest,, Get Over It, if you will..
No reason to take your ball and go home... Tell you what,, I'll buy one tonight,, make the best hamburgs ever and bite the friggin corners off and enjoy the hell out of them!! Thanks for the tip!!!

hilldude
Explorer
Explorer
Has good reviews.

Sportsman2505qs
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know why I post on here. For your information it does make the best burgers. I have been on this forum for many years but I find the people now to be rude. If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. I no longer need to come here. Good Bye
2002 KZ Sportsmen 2505qss bought in 2001 Sold 1999F-150
Itasca Spirit 2014
Manatee Hammock