Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cast iron burner

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
have found this on Amazon. any ideas
I have a standard camp chef high output camp stove, but when I need to boil water, it turns everything bright red. worried it might melt. we boil crab when in Oregon, takes quite a while on 2 burner stove. each side is 14000 btu. this show as 150000, but really more like 50000.
some units show a 20 psi regulator, others at 5 or 10. what does this mean.
which do I really need.

also I see some have stainless cable. I pulled out my rubber for New Years, and it was so hard. is stainless better

BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚
19 REPLIES 19

rekoj71
Explorer
Explorer
I have the dual version of the one pictured just above, and it only puts out a bit more than a Coleman stove. The Turkey fryer version at the top has a much higher regulator and sounds like a blast furnace when it runs. Use them lots to heat water, not just fry turkeys. They get glowing red too but I've never had a problem with it. I hate the new ones with the timers and the safety valves but I'm not sure the old basic ones are made anymore.
Actually looking at the top one pictured I don't see all of that safety stuff. Probably a good one.

Most stainless hoses are actually the stainless covering over a rubber hose for protection. They will still be stiff.

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
anyone see this style. I would not think it has BTU output

BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
I use something similar when I brew beer. I've made 10 gallon batches with a propane burner and it worked just fine. I have to bring it to a boil for 60 mins.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

sele
Explorer
Explorer
it is the burner for a deep fat fryer used mainly for turkey but will do anything that you wish to deep fry. LOL saw one used the other day on the tv show moonshiners, they were heating up a still. Using it to heat anything you choose would be fine they do a wonderful job.
scott

GramaofAAAA
Explorer
Explorer
We hunt so we use something like this to heat water for our outdoor shower....but, I think it's a "turkey fryer". Instead of oil we use water....