cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cast Iron Chefs and Dutch Oven Lovers

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
We haven't covered this topic in awhile so I'll post some new and old websites to help you along.

I like the pdfs that are downloadable. I print them out and keep them in a binder in the mh with my DO equipment.
Lodge DO Baking Temperature Chart.

KEY: On the ***** line, the bold number is charcoal bricks for the lid, the /# is the number for the bottom.
Ex: 10/5 means 10 charcoal bricks for the lid, 5 on the bottom under the DO.

======

Dutch Oven Dude has a very informative website including a briquette calculator (not downloadable).
Dutch Oven Dude's Website
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
3 REPLIES 3

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chuck roast is almost foolproof in a DO especially with a couple of peeled onions in there to sweeten it. We had that tonight. :w Don't forget to add the beef broth before lidding it.

Pineapple upside down cake. Haven't had that in awhile. Now where's my recipe? I'll have to dig through my recipe binder.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks magnus. Heading for a RV rally next week and plan on doing a chuck roast and needed a refresher course. Your timing is impeccable!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

path1
Explorer
Explorer
You got me thinking about Dutch oven. Even though we're not camping right now, think I'll cook up "driveway" upside down pineapple cake.

Thanks...
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"