cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coffee machines

scubastu
Explorer
Explorer
Due to the limited spaces on most counters what is the best solution for coffe machines?
45 REPLIES 45

barbandwayne
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 4 cup that I still store in the original box and let it ride in the overhead above the table. Daughter in law is giving us her Keurig, she's switching to French press. It will ride in the sink and at camp will be on the table under the awning.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I was interested until I saw the price?
bumpy

SwanInWA
Explorer
Explorer
We use a thermal french press. Gourmet coffee, no electricity required.

Teri (the RV.netter)

Eric (the significant other)

[purple]Angus (the fur-faced kidlet)[/purple]
The B (2008 Pleasure-Way Lexor RL-4)

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

xzyHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
So, what is that? It looks interesting... do you have a link or store with a description?

it's called a Clever (brand name?) Coffee Dripper, and is available in two sizes. I got the small and I like it a lot...for me, much better than the Melitta. Even using two filters didn't stop the water from flowing through too fast on the Melitta.

Anyway, here's the Amazon link. I do not know if the thing can be found cheaper elsewhere.

Clever Coffee Dripper
2015 Fun Finder 189FDS
2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4x4

Tvov
Explorer II
Explorer II
So, what is that? It looks interesting... do you have a link or store with a description?

xzyHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
jake2250 wrote:
We use Starbucks Via's, very simple and good coffee for instant. Got the Melitta pour over for Christmas,found it to be very slow and coffee was weak. Just got a french press yesterday and had a couple of cups of very rich delicious coffee, going to get another for the trailer. We also camp with out hook ups so we don't use a coffee machine!

How can the melitta pour over be weak? You control the amount of coffe grounds you put in it, just as you would a regular drip coffee maker! Slow? It takes all of less than a minute to drip.

I, too, find the coffee too weak using the Melitta. I found this instead - you can "brew" your hot water for a long as you want. It only starts dripping once you set it on your mug:

2015 Fun Finder 189FDS
2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4x4

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
We finally got rid of our Keurig at home, It never worked right from the get go. Had it three years and it never gave a full cup, we tried cleaning per manufactures directions, wrote to Keurig (there web site) followed there instructions.
It was a waste of money!! Went back to a plain old Mr Coffee 12 cup machine at home and take the Starbuck VIA's camping!

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had a regular 12-cup coffee maker. Okay, but not convenient when one of us is camping solo. The opposite went for the Keurig. Because we have lots of countertop space, we could justify the Hamilton Beach 2-way flex brew machine. It not only can brew a full pot of coffee, but also brews a single serve when we're on the go, compatible with the Keurig K-Cups. It's programmable and has auto shut-off.

janislou
Explorer
Explorer
We have a motorhome and has one of the under cupboard so is handy, not taking a lot of room. Also use a Militia that we have used for years. Pour into a Thermos and can use all day - if we are travelling just sit in sink.

Blue_Hill
Explorer
Explorer
Perk. Small one for when it's just one or two people and a 30 cup model for when I'm cooking for a crowd. We never cook in the trailer. I have a big Camp Chef 3 burner that plugs into the trailer propane and we cook outside. Under the awning if the weather demands it.
2011 Gulfstream Streamlite Sport 25TSS
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Honda EU3000IS

Tvov
Explorer II
Explorer II
swamprat 01 wrote:
I use an item called a Java Press, easy and fast. Plunger and lid are removed, put grounds in the cup, add boiling water, insert plunger ans top, press plunger down and the grounds are trapped in the bottom, pour coffee into your cup (or wen i am canoe camping drink right out of the cup. Some can be found at www.campmor.com or goggle java press.

The general term for that is a "French Press".

Mocoondo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Add me to the Keurig Klan. I drink daily and would never consider being without my morning coffee. The Keurig travels well in the sink and sits on an unused corner of the countertop at camp. We brew coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cider, etc. It is the perfect solution for our needs.

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I use an item called a Java Press, easy and fast. Plunger and lid are removed, put grounds in the cup, add boiling water, insert plunger ans top, press plunger down and the grounds are trapped in the bottom, pour coffee into your cup (or wen i am canoe camping drink right out of the cup. Some can be found at www.campmor.com or goggle java press.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

ams1130
Explorer
Explorer
We use a cheapo drip coffee maker; it fits in the cabinet under the sink. Not too many things better than drinking coffee outside in the morning. At home we grind beans, but at the campgrounds we use something like Nabob Dark.
Ford F150
2014 KZ Sportsmen S242SBH