cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have an Instant Pot and if so do you like it

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
Was wondering if anyone out there in the RV world had an Instant Pot? Looking for come comments on it pro and con.

It supposed to be a 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker--Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yogurt Maker, Steamer & Warmer.

I have a crock pot on board but this sounds pretty interesting.

Thanks!
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014
7 REPLIES 7

craftyfox
Explorer
Explorer
Just say one here for $88 and free shipping to store

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Instant-Pot-5-Qt-900-Watt-6-in-1-Programmable-Pressure-Cooke

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
I have one and after having it for a couple of weeks I gave away both my regular crock pot and pressure cooker. I use it all the time and I bring it with me when we camp.

Couldn't be happier. 🙂

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
My wife asked for an Instant Pot about a year ago, so I bought her one. It works fine. She uses it every now and then, mainly for pressure cooking.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

FDAER
Explorer
Explorer
We have one and love it. Great for making beef stew. You just throw in your ingredients, choose your cook time (several presets)and walk away. When its done it keeps everything at a safe temp till you're ready to eat. Perfectly silent, no noise like a conventional pressure cooker.
2019 Outdoors RV 21DBS
2019 GMC 2500 SLT All Terrain 4x4

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
Yes! Check YouTube for Instant Pot. I've heard nothing but good things about them. They have a stainless steel insert, instead of that weird nonstick stuff. When my current electric pressure cooker goes, I'm getting an instant pot. Put one in your cart on Amazon and check it for discounted prices. Grab it when it goes to $99.

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
I have one and it has become my most used cooking appliance. I use it all the time for soups and chilis, and to make rice, beans and other things. I use the crock pot setting for some things, but what I really love is the pressure cooker. We eat lots of beans and it cooks them quickly, even if you use dry ones. I also like that, when starting a recipe with fresh veggies I can use the saute setting, and then add the other ingredients and put it on pressure or slow cook mode...so only using one pot.

Another great thing is to cook hot cereal in it. I cook steel cut oats, which I can never seem to get cooked to my liking on the stove, but in the instant pot they come out super creamy. I add flax, quinoa, cinnamon, and whatever else sounds good to it and it's very hearty. Cooks much more quickly than stovetop too, and I don't have to worry about it boiling over.

I've not used the yogurt setting.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be interested to see the answers. I'm a solo RVer. Seems like it would be good for chili and stews, as long as I had room in the freezer for single servings. Something that I could re-heat at the end of a long driving day. Probably more useful for an RVing family.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.