cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Eggletts, who bought some

parcany
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering if anybody has bought the Eggletts. The ones that you crack an egg into this plastic container and then boil it. Do they work like they show on TV. Are they worth the money. Thanx in advance
12 REPLIES 12

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
My parents were given an electric egg cooker for a wedding gift. About 20 years later, I was working and ran out of hard boiled eggs. I called my mom and asked how long do I boil them for (having never boiled an egg). She said "until the little red light comes on"... I had to call a friend's mom to find out the timing.

My first housewarming gift was from my mom - an electric egg cooker. I only boiled eggs that one time at work. Always use an egg cooker.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
toedtoes wrote:
Didn't really get the idea of breaking open an egg only to pour it into a similar shaped plastic container for cooking. Seems like the shell will work just as good.

If you just had a rough time with boiled eggs, get an electric egg cooker. Takes the pot watching out of the equation.

I suspect that some folks hate the idea of spending time peeling hardboiled eggs. Hence the reason for this gadget.

Peeling hard boiled eggs doesn't bother me, so have no care to buy one of these gadgets.

For absolute perfectly not over cooked hardboiled eggs without the blackened yolks, follow the instructions below..

Place COLD eggs into empty pan, fill pan with COLD water.

Turn on stove to high.

Bring to boil.

Allow water to boil ONE MINUTE, then turn off heat.

Place lid on pan.

Wait minimum of 12 minutes for soft cooked.

Wait about 15 minutes for perfect hard boiled yolk.

Then rinse with cold water.

Peel and eat!

This method I had seen on Food network once and decided to try it, you simply cannot over cook the eggs this way..

I was used to horribly over cooked hardboiled eggs growing up, my Mom would boil then the entire time with the burner on for 15 minutes.. Result always was the blacked dry crumbly yolks which had kind of a sulfur like smell and taste.. Needless to say, I never cared much for hard boiled eggs..

For peeling, don't smash the entire egg, it just makes millions of small eggshell pieces you have to peel and clean off the egg..

Instead, tap lightly ONCE to get a cracked area to start with, then with a fingernail pick at the shell, this tends to result in getting larger chunks to come off..

maddog348
Explorer
Explorer
LOL ~~ Gott'em Yes ~~ Use'em NO ~~ Stocking Stuffers MAYBE

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
fpoole wrote:
Yah, I was curious about those too...

I notice though, they only fit regular eggs.. or the models I looked at, so a jumbo or maybe even a Large would be too much... The ones I looked at were some $30, I ordered, but they ran out and refunded...

Got the InstaPot mini 3-qt instead and boy, they do eggs just right along with rice and all the other recipes. I'm glad it worked out that way..
The egg thing looked a little like the "Ginsu Knives" TV stuff...

I'll be curious on the feedback you get here.. fun..

I have a 6 qt Instant Pot at home. I love it for eggs, rice and potatoes. It's heavy carrying the pot back and forth to the motorhome. I'm thinking of buying a 3 qt. and keep it in the rig. Just curious how many eggs can you do in a 3 qt. I'm thinking 6 to 8 eggs.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
DW bought Egglets and used them a couple of times. They made weird eggs and including herbs etc in the eggs made them even weirder. Then they all needed cleaning.

She does perfectly fine using a pot of boiling water so the Egglets will probably be donated soon.
-jbh-

TripleE
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a pack of Eggletts just for the fun of it (didn't really expect them to work and they didn't). Waste of money. They fall over when cooking, take longer than just boiling, and couldn't get the cooked eggs out. Yes, I followed directions but they are now in a box waiting for a garage sale or something.
Bill & Treasa
Our Blog
USMC Retired MGySGT
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40AD
400 Cummins, Freightliner chassis
2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4X4

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
We have this for hard boiling eggs....It's one of those "kitchen gadgets" that actually works...We use it at least once a week... Shop around for best deal.

Cuisinart Egg Central

My DW bought a similar one on Amazon, it was't a Cuisinart. It will do 7 eggs at a time. We've had it several years, it's simple and it works. It was about $15.
I agree with todetoes, it doesn't make sense to pour eggs into a plastic egg shaped container to make them hard boiled.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
downtheroad wrote:
We have this for hard boiling eggs....It's one of those "kitchen gadgets" that actually works...We use it at least once a week... Shop around for best deal.

Cuisinart Egg Central

Same here. It's pretty handy. Get an Egg Central instead.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer

Cuisinart Egg Central
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Didn't really get the idea of breaking open an egg only to pour it into a similar shaped plastic container for cooking. Seems like the shell will work just as good.

If you just had a rough time with boiled eggs, get an electric egg cooker. Takes the pot watching out of the equation.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
There junk!
DW bought some. Unless you cram the pan full they flop over and make funny looking eggs.

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Yah, I was curious about those too...

I notice though, they only fit regular eggs.. or the models I looked at, so a jumbo or maybe even a Large would be too much... The ones I looked at were some $30, I ordered, but they ran out and refunded...

Got the InstaPot mini 3-qt instead and boy, they do eggs just right along with rice and all the other recipes. I'm glad it worked out that way..
The egg thing looked a little like the "Ginsu Knives" TV stuff...

I'll be curious on the feedback you get here.. fun..
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website