cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thanksgiving potluck ideas?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Turkey is provided. I need to take something that doesn't need to be plugged in or kept cold... I am thinking sweet potatoes or a salad. Green bean casserole seems like cheating, but I don't cook much to have a bunch of recipes that are tried & true. Thanks in advance for your ideas & recipes!
36 REPLIES 36

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
macaroni & cheese
broccoli rice casserole
corn pudding (not sweet)
stuffng (dressing): saute onion & celery, brown ground sausage, add to 2 boxed stuffing mix with 2 eggs. Bake at 375 degrees for half an hour. Take bottled turkey gravy.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
take a dessert.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Fresh fruit salad.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Assorted olives, pickles, peppers, pearl onions...etc tray.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

SkiingSixPack
Explorer
Explorer
Meat and cheese tray with various crackers. Both need to come to room temp before the full flavor is attained.
My better half
DS-18,DD-17,DS-15,DS-15 (4 teenagers, in da house)
Summit Red Sunshine-4
Brandy Red Sunshine-At the bridge

The greatest thing you ever can do now,
Is trade a smile with someone who's blue now,
It's very easy just...

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We always eat at potluck and have never heard of anyone who got sick from one. Of course I grew up wading in creeks, climbing trees, petting animals,getting dirty, and no antibiotic everything, so I'm pretty immune to germs.

Check out allrecipes.com. There are a ton of recipes and if you have some particular ingredients on hand you want to use, you can put in those ingredients and it will bring up recipes for you.

If you don't have to travel, you should be able to take a hot dish (wrapped in a bath towel) or a cold dish and it should still be fine when it's time to eat. If that's the case - how about deviled eggs?

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We stay away from pot lucks. In my opinion, it is a great way to get a food born illness. if you plan to attend, how about a veggie tray? You can but them prremade at almost all grocery stores. Or dinner rolls.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK