cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1.Power inverter .. and .. 2. Wifi Extender - two questons

ottor
Explorer
Explorer
1) The only purpose I think I'd want an inverter for is to charge laptop/phones/Ipad. Don't use hair curlers or electric skillets, so .. IF my laptop charger says it uses 19.5v, 6.7amps, do you think a 300w inverter would be enough - or would this one be an overkill .. http://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-1000w-Inverter-Supply-MRI10011-1/dp/B007SLDDHQ/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t
Also, this says it's to be attached to a 12v battery - perhaps a silly question, but I'm assuming it'd work on 2 6v batteries chained?

2) Camp quite a bit in a campground that has Wifi.. Problem is, a lot of the spaces are away from the signal source, giving me about 2-3 bars of signal. I'd like to get a Wifi extender with an external antenna - any suggestions based on first hand use?
There's NOTHING more exciting than to be shot at ..... and missed.
2 REPLIES 2

Shadow_Catcher
Explorer
Explorer
You can find 12V chargers for most/all lap tops and most other types of chargers. We went with a Morningstar SurSine 300W inverter for a number of reasons including low internal consumption and no internal fan (quiet).
A MSW inverter may work for your electronics, I did not want to take a chance!
http://www.morningstarcorp.com/products/suresine/?_kk=morning%20star%20inverter&_kt=0cceef4d-9bd8-4db8-afbc-200c3bea7473&gclid=COOoye_86b0CFQ2hOgoda2oAJw

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
On the invertor, I'd get the 300 or 450, there's not that much difference in cost. You might use it for additional items as time goes on: hearing aids, AA or AAA battery charger, 18VDC drill battery charger, some WiFi boosters run off of 110VAC, PC printer, and I'm sure there's more. Yes, using two 6V batteries together is a good idea.

We have a couple of WiFi extenders. I like the Crane unit mounted on the top of my ladder and the cable run inside.

Crane Antenna Clicky

They have a couple of different models.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.