cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Another Dish ??

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer
Continuing from my last question: We have gotten switched over from DTV to dish at the house. So far so good. I found a satellite the same as the one that they put on my house and I will use that one with the kitchen TV and Wally receiver when I travel into the wilds with a tripod. The dish is a Dish HD, I believe a 1000.2 or close. It has no coax to it but I have some I can use, including the one that was on the DTV dish that I had used until now. I found a good set of instructions to setting it up with, the three LNB's and all. It was talking about using a dpp44 switch to hook to the three coax from the LNB. They are a little spendy. My question is , when I looked up what programs come in on what satellite most all come in on 119 with some on 110, 129 seems worthless. Could I just hook up the one 119 LNB and work with that, or, could I use a reverse coax splitter, two in and one out to hook up 119 and 110? I am trying to make this as simple as possible. Thanks.

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'
15 REPLIES 15

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
Channel 129 is where the majority of HD comes from. All HD locals are on 129. Don't need the DP44 switch. Just connect to the 119 LNB and run check switch from the setup page on dish. I get all three using one coax from 119.
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS