Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones

lexi51
Explorer
Explorer
Long time lurker first time poster here

I found out about this a few months ago as I had AT&T phones on the unlimited plan at the time and added it. It works great, the thing is now they offer a stand alone plan for $20 also so anyone can get it. You can get all the details on this cellular forum. Just thought I would pass along.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1894167-Stand-alone-AT-amp-amp-T-Unlimited-ZTE-Mobley-Hotspot-now-only-20!!!!!

(update.... most details are now in this thread so just keep reading ๐Ÿ™‚

Device is called a ZTE Mobley and its designed for cars, but can be used anywhere with an adapter, also AT&T seems to never slow your data no matter how much you use.

Adapters can be purchased:
Amazon, some are even prime

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RZYF8V?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07144ZVRP?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page

Ebay sells them also though some of the newer sellers look sketchy

These are the 2 original sellers and a known to be good.

EBAY liNK

EBAY Link 2

AT&T connected car # 1-866-595-1250

Now $20 unlimited plan is available online

https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#sku=sku7700323

UPDATE: 5/27/17
ZTE mobley appears to finally be back in stock on AT&T website.
846 REPLIES 846

MrWizard
its a proven performer
i agree that the (2) year contract is probably the best way to go
for somebody that knows, the will use (like me) i could have saved some money by going contract, i know i do intend to keep it, i even put it on auto pay, so i could not forget and mess it up
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
So what happens when they decide to raise the price in a year or two or less? Those that sign up for the 2 year plan might actually get the better deal in the long run if they do increase or just eliminate it all together.
The secrecy of this device and plan has me wondering. Is it just to fill a niche market that wants cheap mobile internet service without revealing it to the masses? Is it just a trial run? The availability of the Mobley is almost non-existent now.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my Mobley for about a month and decided to try using it over my wired home network. I just happen to have a few Linksys WRT54g routers with DD-WRT software installed. So off to the Internet I went to see how to setup a wireless bridge. Low and behold, it works. I had been using a Google 5mbs introductory offer for home internet. Now I have approx. 17 mbs AT&T Internet at home. :B

But wait! There's more. "You get 2 for only twice the price":R

While setting up the bridge, I got thinking, why not defeat the 5 device limit and share the internet when out in the MH. So off to the Internet again to see how to set up a repeater. For those unfamiliar with the WRT54G router, it has a 12 volt wall wart. So it can be powered by the MHs 12 volt system. After making a few "fat finger" mistakes, I got the repeater working also. One caveat to using a wireless repeater is the reduction in speed by about ยฝ. I do have the WRT54G set up with an outside antenna and the router power turned up from 23mW to 71mW.
If you're out camping and see "95bounder" as a SSID, come knock on my door and I'll share the internet with you, at ยฝ speed.;)
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
They will normally waive it if you bought it outright and attempted to activate it on the AT&T site.

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
I am not an AT&T customer either so I bought the Mobley outright, had it activated and asked them to waive the $25 activation fee. My next bill had a $25 credit to take care of that fee. If you don't ask you will never receive.

X2. Not a pre existing customer. Told them I wasn't supposed to be charged activation fee. They said I was to be charged, but then they waived it......lol

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am not an AT&T customer either so I bought the Mobley outright, had it activated and asked them to waive the $25 activation fee. My next bill had a $25 credit to take care of that fee. If you don't ask you will never receive.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Hunter11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was a preexisting AT&T customer and bought mine outright and was charged $25 even though their site said there was no charge unless I took the 2 year plan. I chatted with them and they gave me a credit.

This was my experience. AT&T removed the $25 when I told them we had an existing account with AT&T for our cell phones and had bought the Mobley outright.
2017 Chevrolet 3500 4DR LTZ DRW LWB 4X4 D/A
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4DR
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered mine and it is on the way. Will see how AT&T handles it locally. Have been with them for a number of years.
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
I was a preexisting AT&T customer and bought mine outright and was charged $25 even though their site said there was no charge unless I took the 2 year plan. I chatted with them and they gave me a credit.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
concord 05 wrote:
I did get charged a $45 activation fee. I thought the clerk said there wouldn't one but the contract said it. I went into wifi manager and set to never turn off but most mornings it is off but i only have to unplug it to get it back on. Use entirely in house replacing a $95 a month Centurylink Wifi plan.

There is no activation fee when you buy the Mobley outright with no contract. The two year contract does have the $45 fee...

i bought mine out right
and not being a previous ATT customer, no account
I paid a $25 activation fee
i did not mine, i was happy to augment my existing internet access with
this service

Ditto what the Wiz said:

I (also) bought mine outright
I was also *not* a previous AT&T customer - however, at the AT&T store, I *did* ask if my land line (phone service) or DirecTV "counted" as being an AT&T customer.
Answer = no.
(Wasn't trying to save a buck, just trying to accomplish what so many complained as being a sign-up, connection - nightmare!)

So, I paid a $25 activation fee.....and
I did not mine (mind) either.

I was *MORE* than *HAPPY* to cancel (not "augment") my existing $62.
a month cable internet connection with this service!!
(Which, with tax = $22. per month)..:C..:C

:B

MrWizard
Dutch_12078 wrote:
concord 05 wrote:
I did get charged a $45 activation fee. I thought the clerk said there wouldn't one but the contract said it. I went into wifi manager and set to never turn off but most mornings it is off but i only have to unplug it to get it back on. Use entirely in house replacing a $95 a month Centurylink Wifi plan.

There is no activation fee when you buy the Mobley outright with no contract. The two year contract does have the $45 fee...

i bought mine out right
and not being a previous ATT customer, no account
I paid a $25 activation fee
i did not mine, i was happy to augment my existing internet access with
this service
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Jimmie2
Explorer
Explorer
Used my hotspot last weekend on Sanibel island which in the past, has had horrendous Sprint service. Arrived Wednesday, plugged the Mobley in and left it on for 5 days with excellent service. Since my phone is still on Sprint's service, I turned on the "wifi calling" feature on my S7 and had excellent cell service as well as great internet connections. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
concord 05 wrote:

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

concord_05
Explorer
Explorer

ledcomp
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like AT&T has the Mobley in stock. Last night there web page said that they were out of stock and will ship 06/20/2017 to 06/27/2017. I ordered it anyway. This morning I get an e mail that said it shipped and will arrive here tomorrow.