cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best RV GPS

GT_Roach
Explorer
Explorer
I have been wanting to buy a new GPS to replace my ancient Garmin car model. What brand and model do fellow RVers like and why? I have a 26 ft toy hauler but I would think the requirements would be fairly consistent for all trailers but is there something I don't know here?
9 REPLIES 9

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use an Garmin Nuvi 2539 that I've loaded with the necessary alerts and it works great. It doesn't try to route me around roads that are posted "No Trucks" and rarely takes me offtrack. I have apps for campgrounds and such so I don't rely on my GPS for that sort of thing. My GPS is for getting me to where I want to go according to the route I've loaded.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Garmin RV760LMT and it leads us astray about as often as it is correct. I had an old model Garmin and it was always right. We were on I-40 coming through Oklahoma City. The Garmin RV told us to exit the highway due to a low bridge clearance ahead. All of the big rigs were staying on the highway so we did too. The Garmin kept warning me about the low bridge to the point where it asked me to confirm that I had read the message and they would not be responsible for an accident. I confirmed and stayed on I-40 all the way to New Mexico with no low bridges. It constantly directs me onto dirt roads when the paved road I am on is the correct route. And yes, I have updated to the latest maps. I never tow without my trucker road atlas.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

Y-Guy
GT Roach I'm going to move this over to the Technology Corner from Toy Haulers. As others have shared its a popular topic, but you should get better input in that forum.

Y-Guy

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

aslakson
Explorer
Explorer
Garmin RV760LMT hands down.

al
Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 47 of the lower 48 so far.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
GPS posts - 5 pages
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Advanced search function
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

missnmountains
Explorer
Explorer
We have used the RVND-7735 for the last couple of years. Allows you to key in height and weight. With this data, it restricts roads that we would be over limit on. It also came with lifetime updates.

However, it did get us in trouble once when an exit was recently changed causing us to pass it. I am not sure how long it takes for Rand McNally to get the changes.

Ken
2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4369

Our Blog: Lawrence Adventures

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Garmin RV760LMT is what we use. Very popular, but may be out of production.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Use the search function there's tons of threads on this topic. Also check the tech board. I bought a standard Garmin Car GPS forget what model but it works great. Just look on Amazon for the latest Garmin they have out .
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker