cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Canmpingworld.ca is not correct in any way...

aluminum_flyer
Explorer
Explorer
Campingworld.ca went live this morning.

It is riddled with errors and pretty much no product is on there. There is no clear policy listed for shipping.

The languages available are (American Flag) - English and (Canadian Flag) - French. Wrong... it is (Canadian Flag) - English and (Canadian Flag) - French.

Also the dollars and cents are written like this, "235,99$". I don't know what format that is but not in English Canada. It is, "$235.99".

The site is messy and jumbled. It should have never been rolled out to the public.

It is like a poor 50th generation photocopy was taken of campingworld.com website and made into a non-functional Canadian version.

I called the toll free number (at the top of the page) and nobody that answered knew anything about the Canadian site (good internal communication there) and the second lady I talked to was just a little better than a mushroom.

Just a poor sad attempt and very useless to Canadian consumers.
10 REPLIES 10

Seattle_Lion
Explorer
Explorer
RL Rahe wrote:
Thaks for bringing this up. I would expect our web group is aware of the issues and are working on them as we speak. Thanks again.

As someone who does this stuff for a living, I suggest you file a bug on it. The web team probably has a boatload of issues to manage. Unless you bring it forward, it could be missed. Developers rarely read.
2014 Heartland Bighorn 3160 Elite
2014 Ford F350 diesel, 4x4, SRW, crew cab, short bed

Happily camping with my wonderful wife Bobsgirl and our timid golden retriever Daisy Sweetpuppy

Life's a journey. Make it fun!

our new blog

RL_Rahe
Explorer
Explorer
Thaks for bringing this up. I would expect our web group is aware of the issues and are working on them as we speak. Thanks again.
Randall L. Rahe
SVP Camping World Retail Group

aluminum_flyer
Explorer
Explorer
A few things have been fixed but the gaping hole is the convoluted and confusing shipping policy that makes NO mention of campingworld.ca Where the items are shipped from, special shipping options, etc., etc. You click on the USPS shipping option details on the main page and it takes you to a Good Sam Visa page.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
I have also been watching this site as well, there are changes/improvements to it regularly. The pricing has now changed to $199,99 CAD from 199,99$ . I don't what that means when the credit card is processed.

We now have the option of shipping USPS rather than UPS, which will eliminated the dread UPS Brokerage Fees. We may still have to pay duty and or taxes, when the package is cleared by Canadian Customs and then delivered by Canada Post.

They are working on the site and improving it. As for prices, just like everything, we have to shop around. When we first looked at buying the Oxygenics Shower head, our local RV dealer was about $142.00, we waited until we got to CW and picked it up for less than $30.00 . I have seen other items (made in the USA) 25% cheaper in Canada than the US.

Beverley and Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Well let's hope the site improves! The prices look a little lower than say Walmart for things such as adapters for 15 amp to 30 amp (dog bone style). But I did not go so far as to check out the shipping costs.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

aluminum_flyer
Explorer
Explorer
I never looked at prices but I am sure that we WILL be screwed. It is just a lack luster / problem riddled attempt at getting Canadians to shop there.

PS - You don't need a special website just an actual real world shipping fee/customs brokerage solution. I was just severely disappointed in the attempt.

Some how people think that Canadian's don't have money to spend and that we are a bunch of whale blubber eating, dog sledding fools that live in Igloos. Funny that actually we have more free $$$ to spend and a desire to do so. Alas I have been stopped purchasing because of where I live.

Just my five cents.

michaelman501
Explorer
Explorer
I just checked out the site with much anticipation, only to be let down. Prices arent anything special, once you add the shipping on top you can pretty much get it for cheaper locally. I thought there prices/shipping would be fairly competitive, but they're not.

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Man..... just read CW.can terms. There are more restrictions and add on cost than Passport America and KOA combined. Why does it have to be so restrictive and complicated to make a simple purchase? And the prices aren't all that competive. I'm not a CW basher but they need to do some comparative product analysis and maybe get some "secret shoppers". I try to buy at CW but with all the baggage that comes with a purchase it makes for a lot of frustration and a price that is not such a good deal as it appears on the surface. Must work for the Principal he's worth a couple billion, but most of us aren't and have to watch our budgets and be vigilant in our purchases.
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
aluminum.flyer,

Thank you for your time and post. I would like to apologize for the problems you have experienced. We are looking into the problems and look forward to having the problems fixed quickly. Thank you again for your time.

Mark F
Marcus' Rapid Response Team
goodsamcs@goodsamfamily.com

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Give them a break, they had to develop that site while simultaneously working on the Obama care site. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Disclaimer: NOT a political post.