cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Direct TV satellite dish

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
We have a standard receiver from Direct TV that we use in the trailer. I have been using a tripod and regular satellite dish. I have gotten pretty good at finding a signal. This past weekend saw several people out with various types of portable dishes. One was a white cube the other was the one was I think a Winegard GM-MP1 manual unit. Got me to thinking about changing. The guy with the cube seemed to place is out and walk away. The other had to work on his for a bit before getting a signal. So for those of you that have Direct TV which do you prefer for ease of use or it just using the old faithful dish just as good.
Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller
5 REPLIES 5

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the King Flex. However, mine is old enough that it still says Vuqube Flex.

It is fully automatic. I put it out and connect the coax, then go back inside the RV. Then push the button to turn on its controller. When the lights stop flashing, I press the button to scan. When the lights stop flashing, I turn on the Directv receiver and have TV.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Winegard Carryout is a good automatic system. Just make sure you have a good hot 12 volt source.

lynndiwagon
Explorer
Explorer
You have a "standard" receiver so I'm guessing no HD. If you're getting pretty good at setting up the 18" dish then I'd just keep it up. With the automatic cube thing I'd be afraid of it getting stolen.
Lynn & Diana Wagoner
Three Boston Terriers
2011 Chevy 3500HD, DRW, 4X4
2014 Big Country 3650RL
Retired

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Winegard Carryout will get you DTV with no intervention. You just need a clear view and some 12V power. You might have to change a setting on your current receiver, but if you are using a single LNB antenna now then that's likely not the case.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Standard def is easy - compared to HD. I wouldn't be going to an automatic, very expensive antenna for SD.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman