cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Directv H25 problems

GTO66
Explorer
Explorer
Several months back I posted about using an H25 receiver with a dome antenna. I was told I needed to install a swm 840 kit which I did. I recently was able to use this set up and it worked fine. However once I returned home I was unable to receive any HD channels. I tried hide SD channels, show all channels, but only SD channels came in. I also tried to reboot the receiver and a few other things I read online with no luck. Before I spend who knows how long on the phone with Directv I thought I would see if anyone here had this issue. Thanks
58 REPLIES 58

campermama
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have not received any notice about having to replace my D-12 yet....tic tock tic tock....
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie,SRW,CTD,4x4,Long bed
2020 Jayco eagle ht 274ckds

My Adventure Blog:
https://roaddivaontheroad.blogspot.com/2020/03/getting-ready.html

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
GTO66 wrote:
Don't you think directv will want to keep people from switching to dish and offer something?

They are sending letters and encouraging upgrades from SD to HD so perhaps they are concerned about significant exodus to Dish.

RV customers are likely a very small percent of the base and not much of a consideration.

I was told they are continuing SD programing for now and they replaced my D-12.I would think if it was changing soon they would have made me change from a D-12 to a different receiver.

That also implies that SD will end so you know it's coming.

I have no doubt that details of their plan is proprietary.

I only have satellite tv so I can use it in the RV and at home as I live in florida where signal loss is a problem.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Once the drop SD they will not be able to "offer" anything to make an SD receiver work. DTV has not announced a drop dead date, only their intention to drop SD. It might happen like it happened back in 2001 or 2002 when they activated their spot beams for local Network programming. We all just woke up wondering why you could no longer receive ANY Network programming (FL address, me in CO). Tech support knew nothing and it took a few days before someone figured out what had happened. We have had DNS every since!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

GTO66
Explorer
Explorer
Don't you think directv will want to keep people from switching to dish and offer something? I was told they are continuing SD programing for now and they replaced my D-12.I would think if it was changing soon they would have made me change from a D-12 to a different receiver.I only have satellite tv so I can use it in the RV and at home as I live in florida where signal loss is a problem.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your D12 will quit working entirely when the SD programming is discontinued. Your H25 will work with your dome and it will receive the HD programming being broadcast from the 101 (whatever programming that might be). You could buy an H24 receiver to use with the dome and avoid the SWM8 switch. No new solution will be forthcoming as DTV has no reason to provide an RVer a solution to a problem they did not create. The dome manufacturers created the problem and the SWM8 is the solution.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

campermama
Explorer II
Explorer II
I still have the D-12 and use it on the road with the King Quest 4100, I don't get any local stations (wish I did). My only other receiver is the H-25 but don't want to have the same problems as GTO66 did, plus I don't have the SWM8 kit.
So I'm hoping somebody comes up with a solution to all this when SD is obsolete.
Maybe I will just have to go to some high powered antenna (if there is one) and forget about satellite while on the road.
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie,SRW,CTD,4x4,Long bed
2020 Jayco eagle ht 274ckds

My Adventure Blog:
https://roaddivaontheroad.blogspot.com/2020/03/getting-ready.html

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hopefully, that will solve this problem. Now we just have to see what happens when DirecTV ends all SD broadcasts later this year and what programming will be broadcast from the 101 satellite.

GTO66
Explorer
Explorer
Update, the replacement receivers arrived and are all working on the home system. I was hoping to use the replaced D-12 in the RV instead of the H-25,however the voltage is less then 12 and as I recall it should be over 12 to lock on to satellites.I sure hope I don't lose my HD at home again after using the H-25 receiver in the RV with the swm 840 kit and the carryout as I don't think directv will be as quick to replace the receiver if the problem happens again. Thanks to all for the help.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
moisheh wrote:
I cannot believe this thread continues
At this time no direct tv dome can get he signals. This may change this year but right now it is impossible
Why didn't Bill state this?

Moisheh

I didn't state it because that is NOT the discussion. He is at home, connected to a home antenna AFTER using a dome (where, of course) he could not get HD.

GTO66
Explorer
Explorer
Moisheh I'm the poster and no one said anything about getting HD with a dome. I spoke with directv today and they told me at this time SD would be continue and they are replacing all my receiver including the SD D12 receiver. I have had directv eight plus years and have not received any info from them about SD being discontinued, only hear say if it happens it happens and will deal with it at that time.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Duplicate

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I cannot believe this thread continues
At this time no direct tv dome can get he signals. This may change this year but right now it is impossible
Why didn't Bill state this?

Moisheh

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
DTV has announced they will end SD transmission in April. User have received letters stating their SD only equipment will be obsolete and has to be replaced.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

GTO66
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing they offered was to replace my equipment with what I had or upgrade to a genie which I don't want. When I reset everything on the affected H25 it still only received SD programing. If and when they stop providing SD programing I'm guessing they will offer something to keep customers or Dish TV will be very busy.I'm sorry if my post was confusing as I was never trying to receive HD with the dome only after returning home on the house swim system.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you could have had them send you an H24 instead of H25 you could have used that with the dome and not have needed the SWM8 setup. They might not even offer them any longer, I don't know.
What happened when you did the "reset everything" on the H25? Now that new hardware is on the way, if would be a good time to swap the H25's. It's nonsense for them to have told you not to do that.