cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DTV d-12-700 reciever won't let me update settings.

captron33
Explorer
Explorer
Sooo what are my options, DTV doesn't supply that type reciever anymore.
6 REPLIES 6

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Right, you cannot change the settings unless you are first pointed to the satellite with a non-swm antenna. You have to be able to go through the complete setup routine or it will not save the correct settings.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

captron33
Explorer
Explorer
Even with the sat wire disconnected the switch and dish settings will not stay changed....very frustrating believe me. I am thinking about just getting an after market reciever and hope it works. Is it true dtv will not have any satellites except hd after 2019???

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
A) The D12 is still available should you want one. It won't come from DTV but it is available.
B) The H24 (or HR24 if you like a DVR) will work just the same as a D12 after you make some settings changes in the "satellite setup" menu.
I find it highly unlikely that the D12 will not let you update the settings but I am not there so I will just have to go with the information you provide. It's more likely that the antenna you are connected to is not letting you do the necessary changes as the default setting for a D12 is 18" round / multiswitch.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
captron33 wrote:
Sooo what are my options, DTV doesn't supply that type reciever anymore.
Upgrade to a new HD dish and receiver. DTV will not broadcast SD after 2019.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

JohnnyT
Explorer II
Explorer II
Moved From Class A Forum
2004 40DS02 Travel Supreme ISL 400
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
M&G Brake & Break Away
Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow bar