cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

EMS-PT50C To The Rescue

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I am at my home base and connected to utility power, but at 3:15am this morning the power went off inside my 5'er. I walked outside and looked at my EMS-PT50C and it showed 131v on leg 1 and 133v on leg 2. I shut off the breaker just to be safe and called the power company. Their guy just left and he found a bad transformer that serves approximately 8 homes in this area besides me. They have a crew coming out in a few to replace the transformer.

I'm sure none of my neighbors had any indications of a problem.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010
8 REPLIES 8

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
edatlanta wrote:
I don't know why I waste my time posting here.

Your post wasn't a waste of time.

The posts by bcsdguy and Kart-Racer were.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

conmoto
Explorer
Explorer
I am glad you caught it before any damage. When our house was being built there was a problem with the transformer and around 142v was coming into the house and no one knew it until the new appliances were not functioning correctly. We had every electronic device checked and some had to be replaced (on Com Ed). I now check service voltage and am thankful for our RV surge over and under protection, thanks for sharing!

Kart-Racer
Explorer
Explorer
edatlanta wrote:

I agree

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
Fulltime since 2010

jamway
Explorer
Explorer
edatlanta wrote:
That is exactly what I'm saying. I thought it was pretty clear.

Well did all your neighbors electronics go up in smoke?
Happy Camping

2004 2500 CTD HO LB 4X4 auto
2005 Discover America 29 RL

James

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
That is exactly what I'm saying. I thought it was pretty clear.
Ed
KM4STL

Fulltime since 2010

Kennedycamper
Explorer
Explorer
I believe he is just saying that having a surge suppressor with the OVP & UVP circuits is a nice thing, and can save your electronics.

bcsdguy
Explorer
Explorer
So, what's your point?
No person is completely worthless ... one can always serve as a bad example.