Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS
8 REPLIES 8

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:

Garmin 760 Discontinued but shows available

I believe this link is for the Nuvi 760, not the RV760.
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
The 770 is slightly larger in size (both body and screen). The 770 is a higher resolution screen though Garmin's graphics don't really take advantage of that. The 660 comes with a traffic receiver in the power cord that receives the over-the-air traffic signal in major cities. The 770 does not come with this traffic receiver. Instead, it requires the use of the Smartphone Link app to data-share from your smartphone over Bluetooth to receive traffic. This traffic service is more robust than over-the-air traffic but with the 660 you have the choice.

I've read limited reviews that the 770 is having problems with BaseMap.

The 770, being new, should get you a year or two more support in terms of firmware updates before being discontinued.
2011 Born Free 22' Class C Rear Side Kitchen

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Difference is about 1 inch.
Garmin
770 and 660 are current models.

Garmin 760 Discontinued but shows available

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure what you're showing in those links. The RV760 is only available in limited stock as left overs or refurbished. The 770 and 660 are what is available on Garmin's site per the link I posted. I was ready to buy a 760 last year when I found it was discontinued and the RV660 the newest version. The Garmin model numbering schema does not make a whole lot of sense and does not line up with when the product was released.

If you are still not in belief of that, please provide a link to Garmin's website that shows the RV760 is still available. ๐Ÿ™‚
I love me some land yachting

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
RedRocket204 wrote:
sch911 wrote:
The two latest RV units from Garmin are: RV760LMT and RV770LMT both have 7" screens.

I think you got that slightly mixed up. ๐Ÿ™‚

Not really...

RV660LMT

RV760LMT

RV770LMT
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
The two latest RV units from Garmin are: RV760LMT and RV770LMT both have 7" screens.

I think you got that slightly mixed up. ๐Ÿ™‚

Should read RV660LMT and just released RV770LMT - https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/cOnTheRoad-c518-p1.html

Both of these units also work with the Garmin BC30 wireless backup camera if that is of interest. I do have the RV660LMT and have not found any issues with it so far. I did purchase a BC30 camera and will get that installed soon to my TT, so will be interesting to see how that works out.
I love me some land yachting

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Prior to purchasing my Garmin, I called Garmin to ask that exact question. According to Garmin, the two have the exact same "guts" and the difference is the size. The 660 can get some glare on the screen, not sure about the 770.