cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Internet Explorer problems!

jimhaz2402
Explorer
Explorer
IE-11 has been giving me problems! I cannot get my Yahoo home page or Yahoo Mail to come up until after a long waiting period. I pinned the blame on Yahoo at first. I also use Chrome as a brouser so tried to get my home page and YM using Chrome. Worked great!! Anybody else experiencing this? Thanks. jim
8 REPLIES 8

przao
Explorer
Explorer
Although I recommend to all my friends and colleagues to use Firefox with Noscript, Adblock plus, and Web of Trust add-ons, I do need to use IE at the work place in the SharePoint environment (an MS product). Unfortunately for general internet browsing purposes, IE is the worst client you can use - most hackers are writing malware specifically targeting IE as the largest base of users, and knowing that the endless security holes are easy to exploit. Even more unfortunate is the fact that IE will run any script on any site, no questions asked, which means that it is easy for an unscrupulous site owner to hack into your system.

I've found that all versions of IE subsequent to 10 have introduced new problems, even with Microsoft's own applications. One thing you can do if you want to get back to a stable version, is uninstall your current version, which will cause your computer to automatically revert back to IE10 if you are using a newer version of Windows, and IE9 if using XP. However, it will be important to disable automatic browser updates or you will be back to square one.
PZ

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yahoo has been pretty flakey lately - very slow or down, then fine. DW uses IE and I use Chrome.

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just brought up Yahoo home page and signed in to my Yahoo account with no delay in IE-11. However, Microsoft's EMET security tool popped up a warning of invalid certificate when doing so. No other browser or AV warnings appeared.

Since EMET detects SSL/TLS certificate trust pinning, an inconsistency which could indicate a fraudulent certificate possibly by a Man in the Middle(MIM) attempt, I would find this suspicious? Warrants a closer look, but could also be a configuration issue with Yahoo servers.

I get the 'invalid certificate' window at least twice a week. I just click it away and keep on going.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

lynndiwagon
Explorer
Explorer
That's exactly why I now only use Chrome.
Lynn & Diana Wagoner
Three Boston Terriers
2011 Chevy 3500HD, DRW, 4X4
2014 Big Country 3650RL
Retired

I just brought up Yahoo home page and signed in to my Yahoo account with no delay in IE-11. However, Microsoft's EMET security tool popped up a warning of invalid certificate when doing so. No other browser or AV warnings appeared.

Since EMET detects SSL/TLS certificate trust pinning, an inconsistency which could indicate a fraudulent certificate possibly by a Man in the Middle(MIM) attempt, I would find this suspicious? Warrants a closer look, but could also be a configuration issue with Yahoo servers.

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
You could also try disabling all IE add-ons. If that fixes the problem, then re-enable each add-on individually and test until you find the one that was causing the problem.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
Your issue is one echoed by many using Yahoo.. Your best bet is to set-up your browser (any browser used) so that you go to another home page. Choose MSN,or wherever, but not Yahoo! Do this and then go to Yahoo mail log-in and make a book mark to it in your browser. Do this and you will not see the issue you are seeing. My suggestion is my belief you are now going to your Yahoo home screen in your browser and then click on an icon there to get your email.

For the record, I do not recommend Yahoo / Yahoo email. Both are dinosaurs at best

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
My IE-11 has been giving me problems these days. I cannot get my Yahoo home page or Yahoo Mail to come up until after a long waiting periods. I pinned the blame on Yahoo at first. I also use Chrome as a brouser so tried my to get my home page and YM using Chrome. Worked great!! Anybody else having these problems? Thanks. jim

Lately I have been having problems with the broadband not being available for a few minutes. Then it comes back. Frustrating.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.