cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jack ant.

Busdriver
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do the jack ant. help. Are they any better than the bat wing.

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS
8 REPLIES 8

jd31mc
Explorer
Explorer
sunnybrookid wrote:
I had the Batwing with Wingman and was receiving 6 to 7 channels. I replaced it by removing the Batwing head and swapping it with the Jack head on the same mast. The number of channels I was receiving went to 10 to 12 and the only thing changed was the antenna head. Another advantage of the Jack is that it's not near as directional as the Batwing/Wingman combination. For me, it was an improvement.

What was the model number for that type of JACK?

Geeze
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Jack to replace our batwing. I don't think we get any more channels with it than we did with the Winegard. It is nice not to have to crank it up and down and it's easier to tell which direction you are pointing. Digital TV reception stinks when you camp in the trees.

sunnybrookid
Explorer
Explorer
I had the Batwing with Wingman and was receiving 6 to 7 channels. I replaced it by removing the Batwing head and swapping it with the Jack head on the same mast. The number of channels I was receiving went to 10 to 12 and the only thing changed was the antenna head. Another advantage of the Jack is that it's not near as directional as the Batwing/Wingman combination. For me, it was an improvement.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I've had both side by side- the batwing is marginally better, but the Jack is cheaper. I wouldn't replace a working batwing, but an old, marginal one is another story.
-- Chris Bryant

Busdriver
Explorer II
Explorer II
The one i Was asking about is thE one you mount on your mast.

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

RoadLife
Explorer
Explorer
We love ours. DH says it picks up a few more channels than the old batwing. The best thing is not having to worry about raising/lowering it at the appropriate times.
ROADLIFE

RV Part Timers Blog

2003 40' Allegro BUS - 2 slides
2013 Ford F150 XLT 4X4 OffRoad 2014 XC60 Volvo
Shasta - Australian Shepherd; Boomer - Brittany;
Pancho - border terrier

Jim_Cindy
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of info HERE
PBH Portable Beach House

2008 GMC 2500HD Duramax Allison :C
2009 Cameo 34CK3
MorRyde IS, Disc Brakes, G614's
PullRite Super Glide Hitch
Propane fueled Yamaha EF 2400is

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from Form Technical Support.
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)