cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

maintenance log

firedog
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for an RV maintenance log that I can download to my computer. Any idea's?

Thanks,
Firedog
5 REPLIES 5

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you're running Windows you might look at this:

RV Companion

If you're only interested in maintenance records and have an Android smart phone you might be interested in this:

aCar

But if, like me, you have a Mac well I haven't found anything.

Dan_Henry
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using spiral notebook for 2 on the trailers that I have had. 0ne side I log the trips and keep a running log of miles and where we went with dates, on the other side I log problems and fixes with dated and miles . Also I log when water filters were changed a long when did I winterize the water system,
This could be done with a word document.

Dan

rfryer
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ve seen some software out there but I donโ€™t remember the details. You could likely find it with an internet search. I use both Word and Excel to record my vehicle maintenance. Word is narrative style because I can record info that would be awkward to do on Excel, like issues that didnโ€™t result in repairs or comments the mechanic made about the condition of systems. I find that handy because I keep vehicles much longer than memory would serve me. My newest vehicle is 10 years old and the oldest is 40 years old. Excel works good for concise details like what system was repaired, who did it, costs, when routine maintenance is due, etc.

If you have some familiarity with computers you can easily make up a log yourself. If not, Iโ€™d do a net search for it. Thereโ€™s also โ€œfreewareโ€ out there that might have something along that line.

SCR
Explorer
Explorer
I use a program called The Journal. It's very versatile in it's form.

While most use it to Journal I found it very flexible and use it for vehicle maintenance (Both RV and tow vehicle), where I've been including photos, passwords, daily thoughts and a couple of dozen other uses. All in all a nice program to use for keeping track of anything.

It is not freeware .. The Journal

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
I jest set up a excel sheet to track repairs, trips, and miles.
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3