cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Online Order Problem-Wrong item received

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
I have a problem with my order for two white Fan-Tanstic 6600 Upgrade Kits. I received one 6600 white upgrade kit. The box had been opened and re-taped. It contained loose parts (lift arm?, remote with batteries installed, package of two batteries), no parts list, instructions that don't mention how to install the rain sensor, and a blank warranty card dated Aug 23, 2007.
Instead of a second 6600 kit I received an off-white 5000 RBT upgrade kit. Seems like it would be hard to make a mistake like that; the boxes are even different sizes.
I phoned customer service and was told a return label would be mailed to me and when Camping World received them they would ship new ones. If I wanted them sooner, I would be charged for two more kits and credited when the wrong ones were received back.
I wanted to install these right away. Based on the time it took to get this it looks like about a month before I might get the right ones.
It seems to me the replacements should be sent immediately without charge. It was Camping worldโ€™s error, not mine. Camping World has my name address and credit card information. If they donโ€™t get the returns in a timely manner, they could charge me then.
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System
5 REPLIES 5

JeanS
Explorer
Explorer
Our apology is offered for the error that occurred with your order. A PM has been sent to you about this matter.

Jean S
Camping World Customoer Care
Jean S.
Manager
Camping World Customer Care

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
The level of incompetence shown by the sorry state your order arrived in is truly shocking. I'd be pretty mad, too.

That said:

If every business just took our word for something, credited us back and/or sent out replacements, nobody'd ever have to pay for anything! I think their terms are reasonable- they should have the proof in hand before reshipping/crediting your card.

But I also think they should give you something by way of apologizing for the shoddy treatment your first order received.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Mailed? Why can't CW get into the modern age and have the label e-mailed so the customer only needs to print it out, attach it to the package. With a tracking number, they should be able to ship the replacement as soon as the tracking number shows it has been received by the system.
Shipping from CW has been long for some unknown reason. Other suppliers can ship within hours. Why does it take 3-5 days to process an order from CW.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

1711tab
Explorer
Explorer
That's not the way it works anymore... To many people don't do what they say they will... There human and mistakes are made... Return them and wait or pay the piper!!!

Tim

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
Just return them for a full refund/credit. the order them from PPL Motorhomes, Amazon, or many other vendors that will give you better service at cheaper prices!